Movie Discussion Thread | Upcoming Releases etc..

It seems to me that it’s just poncy superhero comic characters wall to wall shit now. The same plot, the same outcome, with some funny lines to try and detract from the same plot and same outcome.

I did enjoy Deadpool but the rest of as predictable as my Mrs when I don’t tidy up after me.

I dont think anyone will pick up the shield, Marvel will use new characters especially if they get to use fantastic four. There is another phase of marvel but there seems little hint at its direction unless it’s the inhumans.
As for DC is it confirmed the Snyder cut is coming out? I’ve read about it and think it would be great if setting up sequels, DC need to keep the dark element and Affleck could do that but I think he will handover the cape and cowl to someone else.

I feel a bit sorry for Affleck. He is perfect for the slightly jaded less optimistic Batman. The story lines i think gave him no chance to succeed though. You can't have him as the hardcore Batman then the next film have him effectively be the comic relief. It just makes people think "huh" and not in a good way.

DC must stay dark agreed. Aquaman is as light and airy as they should ever get i think. Gotham City is a beacon of what the DCEU should be imo, classy but foreboding, stylish but dirty, upscale but in the gutter. None of that lends it's self easily to the idea of a Marvel film. It is exactly where Batman should be doing his thing. Some may think of Superman and Metropolis but i would bet a pretty penny if you asked anyone a quick fire question what do they think of when DC is mentioned most would reply "Batman, Gotham City" before anything superman.

In the second 2 Batman films (Keaton) just the scenes of driving through Gotham did so much to build the universe. It was industrial and dirty but classy with beautiful architecture at the same time. It actually reminded me of Manchester a bit in some areas. I would live there before Marvels NYC or DC's Metropolis. I think they should go back to that now with this ultra dark Batman, no more icbm capable penguins. We want to see dirty classy Gotham again!

I think you are right about cap and by extension Tony. Even attempting to shuffle someone in the rough position they hold could go badly wrong. I really think they were laying some ground for Parker to kind of step into Stark's shoes. When he first meets him in Civil War as i noted to Bigga, Stark seems impressed with Parker's skills technically, cogs are turning in Tony's head, you can see it. That could be just for what we have seen so far but it certainly gives a starting point for him taking over Stark industries. For cap you have a few possibilities but directly picking up the shield feels a step to far.

In the future cap could have another actor play him i think but not right now. Tony Stark can't be replaced like for like, even casual fans like me would not tolerate that.

[QUOTE="TCIB, post: 11541742, member: 41052"With DC now i am of the position "lets just see what it's like". They need to sort their act out before people will give them the time of day again really. The numbers for Aquaman i feel just paper over serious cracks. The film it's self was not that good truth be told. Wonder Woman decided to punch it's self in the face for the last 30mins for no good reason either. It would have been great for Diana to realize things are not black and white, you kill the bad guy and everyone sings songs together.

After she thought she killed Ares and the the confusion that beset her, that was a great scene but then... I WILL DESTROY YOU!

Fuck sake! hahaha.
Agree on both, Aquaman was just shit IMO and Wonder Woman could have been much better. What did you make of the Titans series?[/QUOTE]
I am going to start watching that tonight bud so i shall report back.

Agree on both, Aquaman was just shit IMO and Wonder Woman could have been much better. What did you make of the Titans series?
I am going to start watching that tonight bud so i shall report back.[/QUOTE]
I quite liked it tbh, some of the costumes were a bit naff but they grow on you.

It seems to me that it’s just poncy superhero comic characters wall to wall shit now. The same plot, the same outcome, with some funny lines to try and detract from the same plot and same outcome.

I did enjoy Deadpool but the rest of as predictable as my Mrs when I don’t tidy up after me.

Came here just to say this.

Marvel dominates and I don't think it's for the better. Different 'hero' but almost always the same plot, something happens to make the hero a certain that way, something bad happens, hero finds a way to save the day. I know most movies can have predictable plots but Marvel does it to the extreme.

I watched Venom 2 days ago, wasn't bad but went exactly the way I expected. In fact I was probably a pain in the arse to watch it with as I kept guessing what would happen.

What does everyone think of the current cinema experience?

Went to the Vue at the rock in Bury at the weekend to watch escape room, not a classic but my sort of film.

Noticed with the prices coming down that the place was a lot busier than I remember it, for a film that wasn't 'brand new'. Looks like they're trying to make the experience better for people as well; security now there to instantly kick out anyone mis-behaving. Quite enjoyed it and at a £5 a pop i'll be going more often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.