Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kloop of to Spain for warm weather training.
3e4b23ac578fca2d3e7bd44983d392f3.jpg

For me it’s the gaps between games that would be my worry,yes your fresh and rested up but momentum is a huge factor and we are playing mostly every three or four days ( longer rest this week ) which doesn’t really give you time to linger thinking about to much but the next game as it’s game after game and so on,where as having long spells between games surely must have you going crazy wishing the clock down till that next game,the long gaps could be a huge disadvantage to the scousers,but we will see...

For me it’s the gaps between games that would be my worry,yes your fresh and rested up but momentum is a huge factor and we are playing mostly every three or four days ( longer rest this week ) which doesn’t really give you time to linger thinking about to much but the next game as it’s game after game and so on,where as having long spells between games surely must have you going crazy wishing the clock down till that next game,the long gaps could be a huge disadvantage to the scousers,but we will see...

Their season will most likely be decided over the next few weeks. They are a good side you don't get this far into the season with a single loss otherwise. They still have it to lose and we need help from others. The Newcastle game should serve as a stark reminder of what we need to improve upon even if the fuckers start to bottle it again

From Rawk, Its official, They have the best fans in world football.

"Sometimes it hits me how lucky I am to have grown up supporting Liverpool. I can't even fathom what it would be like supporting a team like Chelsea or City or Everton, where your mentality is so small-time that your favourite part of football is seeing another club fail. One of the reasons they hate Liverpool so much is because our fans really, really enjoy seeing our own club succeed. We're eternal optimists and if Liverpool win a trophy (or even if they just come close) it gets celebrated in the most joyous, visceral way. They're so worried about "never hearing the end of it" if we win the league this year that they're actively willing their own teams to lose. I think it's odd, Liverpool fans are the only set of support in the country that go to away games and just sing about their own club (United and Everton games excepted, and even then it's not even close to what those sets of fans sing). You won't hear such tiresome 'bantz' as 'Your support is fucking shit' or 'This is a library' coming from the travelling Kop. We don't sing about their past failures, we don't sing about poverty in their city, we don't sing about their teams potentially getting relegated - yet they hate us. The BBC published an article called 'Do neutral fans not want Liverpool to win the league, or is it just a social media myth?' a month ago and the best quote in the whole thing was this:

"Samuel Mooney, Nottingham Forest fan: I'd love to see them win it. Their fans don't bother me, they're just passionate and they believe in their team. The fact so many people hate them for their optimism is so typically English!"

I think he hit the nail on the head. God forbid a set of support might be optimistic or supportive or passionate. God forbid we give our team bus a welcome or sing 'and now you're gonna believe us'. God forbid that we care about seeing our own team do well. Frankly, even if we win nothing for the next thirty years I'd rather approach life with the attitude of a Liverpool fan than the attitude of a Chelsea fan. They deserve everything they get"
Liverpool fans are the only set of support in the country that go to away games and just sing about their own club (United and Everton games excepted)

Ha Ha

We are coming for you you coat insulting wankers.
I have it on good authority that straight after the Newcastle defeat, Guardiola read the riot act to the players and then delivered a harrowing re-cap of the traumatic events that took place between a few lower-than-a-snakes-belly Liverpool fans, a coat that we're not sure whether it should be worn again or not and our very own @worsleyweb.

My sources tell me that the growth in stature and motivation was immediate with some likening the actions of Spanish Dave to those of the Terry Butcher wannabe in the Mike Bassett film.

The obvious outcome being that the players stepped it up a gear and delivered this last week of very positive performances and results.

Should the remainder of the season play out how we would like it to, the football historians will point to this pivotal turn of events and claim it as Guardiola's greatest managerial success in years to come............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.