Newport (a) pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop being so wet about the pitch lol. How big time charlie have we become? It's a bit of a dodgy pitch! So what? Just get it won. I bet none of the players or Pep mention the pitch. Best team in the world v EFL Div 2 team. I think we'll be OK. (I know, I know - that last bit sounded a bit big time charlie ;))
We have a whole team of hundreds of millions worth of players,we don't need dodgy pitches

We have a whole team of hundreds of millions worth of players,we don't need dodgy pitches
Not sure what you and others are on about with the pitch? This is football. You take on the challenge away from home and see who comes out on top.! I’m looking forward to the game with nervous anticipation and a little dread given Shrewsbury, Halifax and Oldham have left FACup scars but am sure we’ll be fine!!!! As for protecting the players....well KDB’s season was put back being injured in training.

___________________Muric__________________

Danilo_______Garcia_____Otamendi_______Zinchenko

___________________Delph___________________

______Foden_________________David_________

Mahrez___________Jesus______________Sane

When the academy was built they had training pitches laid to replicate any pitch in the league. I expect they will be training on a plowed turnip field all week then in anticipation for the Newport game. The Yaya Turnip pitch I think it's called; )

Definitely play the Yorkshire lads in this match.
Muric
Back 3 stones Garcia nico
Walker zinchenko wing backs
Delph foden in cm
Mahrez behind jesus and poveda

Would really like to see this team.

This, Herr Klopp is the FA Cup.

The type of fixture this great historical trophy is all about.

It's a perfect, giant killing, banana skin fixture.

A night game with the TV camera's in live attendance.

The pre-match hype will be built to a crescendo with the hope of a 'David slays Goliath' outcome.

The place will be packed to the rafters, with loud singing Welsh men, women and children creating Hell to cheer their heroes on against the English invader.

The pitch will be a bog and a great leveller.

The ref will subconsciously lean towards the underdog, sending at least one City player off as the crowd bay for blood.

A game all football fan's in this country will tune into.

A game Manchester City will embrace regardless of the outcome.

This, Herr Klopp is The FA Cup.

Enjoy your second Winter break in the sun.

I think Pep will select his team to win the tie but he will be mindful that he doesn't want to expose "certain" players to unnecessary potential injury.
There is a Champs League game next week followed by a Cup Final,
Pep would never live down being embarrassed by a League 2 team.
He has respect for ALL football clubs so will not field a team full of young players - I reckon it will include most of the squad's "fringe" players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.