Why we will win the league!

Factor 1: +City: we're top
Factor 2: +City: We've done it before, experience counts
Factor 3: +Lpool: We have 2 extra competitions, possible stress on squad
Factor 4: +City: We have the goal difference
Factor 5: ===: Both got to Old Trafford, both host Spurs
Factor 6: +City: Liverpool go to Everton and host Chelsea
Factor 7: +L'pool: They have a game in hand
Factor 8: +L'pool: They have reliably not lost to all lower teams, so far they have not shown a capacity for a 'crazy' result

Oh, I think you are right but there's no getting away from the fact our attitude hasn't been right in certain games and we'll only have ourselves to blame if we don't win the league.
As it is, I believe we'll win it but I don't think there will be much in it

What's done is done. There is no fixing that and there's little point in dwelling on things that can't be changed. What is good as that despite all that you mentioned, there's still only 3 points in it and the momentum seems to have flipped.

If we don't win it, then I'm sure they'll look back at some of those matches, especially the ones against Crystal Palace and Newcastle, as the ones where they let themselves down and let the title slip. But we aren't there yet. It's a one match advantage for Liverpool and their game in hand is at Old Trafford. There isn't much in it.

Factor 8: +L'pool: They have reliably not lost to all lower teams, so far they have not shown a capacity for a 'crazy' result
4 city pluses 3 Liverpool pluses and an equal makes one city plus. Hence city title!

I would say Liverpool having to play united and Spurs before we do is a slight plus for us (unless they beat em of course in which case it becomes a huge minus!) :-)

Logoc is I’m sort of hoping spurs are out of it by time we play em and United may have 4th sewn up and won’t want Liverpool to win the league if they have.

The equivalent thread at Liverpool's main forum (RAWK) which was titled "Pack chasing us" (and was unceremoniously changed to "Chasing the Title" last week after Everton game ;) is a hilarious read. Most were celebrating title win after our Newcastle game and how they're untouchables but a week later are all collectively shitting themselves ... and then there's the odd one who're counting how it's written in the stars for them to win the title with 96 points exactly ... but most are panicking ... what will they do if they actually lose to United and when we are actually ahead without their game in hand. Then there are delusions of grandeur if they achieve this after so many years, it would be a bigger achievement than Leicester's, rofl!

I still wouldn't count out the Rags getting a result. PSG looked far superior because they had a midfield full of players all comfortable on the ball and able to control a game. This isn't something Liverpool have. You can be guaranteed the Rags will have 50%+ possession against the scousers which will in turn lead to more chances. Playing PSG and Playing Liverpool is two complete different propositions. More likely to get something against Liverpool in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.