Homeless

See if there's a local street link OP. Guy end of my road been there weeks, I got him coffee, food etc then told local homeless charity who said I'd to report on streelink website. They've messaged back to say spoken to guy (called Chris) and he hasn't been there last few days now so hoping hes found a hostel

I noticed on the way home from work tonight, somebody’s put a tent up off the roundabout on a scrap of land and I’m guessing they’re homeless.

It is utterly pathetic in this day and age that anyone is homeless in what is one of the richest countries (allegedly) in the world.

Has he applied for Housing? He would be on the higher band if he can prove he has no fixed address. He needs to apply on manchestermove.co.uk assuming he is in Manchester. If not whatever his local council uses for lettings. In the meantime, again assuming in Manchester, he should go to Manchester town hall customer services (no appointment needed) and declare himself homeless. They would have a duty to find him temporary accommodation until he finds something more suitable.

He could also look on spareroom.com to see if he can be a lodger. If working he would pay himself but he would be entitled to HB if not. Again Town Hall can assist with HB claim and there are computers to use to process his claim.

I would also advise Shelter to assist him. They're on Samuel Ogden Street off Whitworth Street.

I noticed on the way home from work tonight, somebody’s put a tent up off the roundabout on a scrap of land and I’m guessing they’re homeless.

It is utterly pathetic in this day and age that anyone is homeless in what is one of the richest countries (allegedly) in the world.

Someone ? ....... I could show you a whole village of tents in Manchester..

Someone I know is homeless. He's just been kicked out of his mums, she has moved miles away, he has nowhere to sleep and really I am asking if anyone here has any experience of that and what services if any are available.
He's got no possessions and has run out of places to stop, he's looking at his first night sleeping rough, is there any emergency shelter or something?

I am in touch with the council, but they're slow, so thought I would ask on here if anyone has any experience of that

There are no services available. The Council will register him for a place but that could take years. He can register with the DWP (using the DWPs address as his correspondence address ... but they wont tell you that )... there is a requirement for the council to provide accommodation (under the Severe Weather Emergency Protocol) but temperatures have to be forecast below zero for three consecutive nights. He should contact Crisis but they don't have an office in Manchester but can be contacted at their liverpool office on 0151 218 7000

There are no services available. The Council will register him for a place but that could take years. He can register with the DWP (using the DWPs address as his correspondence address ... but they wont tell you that )... there is a requirement for the council to provide accommodation (under the Severe Weather Emergency Protocol) but temperatures have to be forecast below zero for three consecutive nights. He should contact Crisis but they don't have an office in Manchester but can be contacted at their liverpool office on 0151 218 7000
What fucking world are we living in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.