Why can’t football fans be trusted for a minutes silence?

hello

Didn’t want to post on the banks thread as potentially controversial. But having seen start on rags on mute in the pub, why is it that football fans can be trusted to respect a minutes silence? There’s obviously a few contentious ones us for the Munich and hillsborough anniversary games for instance which we all probably feared the idiots wouldn’t be idiots and thankfully they weren’t. So if these cases on the extremes of club hatred can be observed respectfully why the fuck do we have to do applause for uncontentious pretty much universally like national heroes?
Edit erm wrong forum I know been a few years since I’ve started a thread, sorry.

When Joe Mercer died the next game was at Maine Road. Yes the scouse bastards chanted "Everton Everton Everton" right through the silence. Joe Mercer was a former Everton captain.

When Joe Mercer died the next game was at Maine Road. Yes the scouse bastards chanted "Everton Everton Everton" right through the silence. Joe Mercer was a former Everton captain.
Ah I thought must of society even including football fans in general had evolved, but bringing scousers into the equation is probably and adequate answer

I don’t think we have covered ourselves in glory with some of our songs in the past. Maybe during silences but some of the songs from yesteryear were shockers when you think back.

Silences are risky because of people coming in late more than anything. I don’t think many people plan to disrupt a minutes silence.

Indeed. Didn’t we have one for Sala last week and then again this week. It’s becoming ridiculous.

It went way beyond ridiculous years ago. I’m sick of them. That might sound weird seeing as it’s just a minute of your own time paying respects for someone. But Sala hasnt got any ties to City, never played in England and no one had heard of him until the plane crash. I’d be more interested in applauding the pilot seeing as he lives about 30 miles away from me, but if I’m going to do that, I may aswell clap for the thousands of other people that die every minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.