Rank the best teams in Europe

MCFC1993

Watching United vs PSG got me thinking just how far United are behind the best teams in Europe. There is actually quite a big gap between those who can realistically win the Champions League and those who can't.

How would you rank them on form at the moment?

Changed my rankings at the original ranking was probably a bit unfair:

Best teams in Europe at the moment:
=1) City
=1) Liverpool
=1) Barcelona
=1) Juventus
5) Atletico
6) PSG
7) Spurs
8) Dortmund
9) Real Madrid (Can't really rule them out, even though they've been poor this season)

Last edited:
Considering we struggled in both games v Lyon this is a mad thread OP.

And we've yet to play Schalke, who are apparently the worst of the lot!
As OGS said, PSG represented an enormous step up from what they'd played, and Guardiola always stresses how difficult each CL team is.

The final will decide
Cup competitions don’t necessarily decide who the best team is. Frank Lampard himself said after the game when Chelsea won it in 2012; “we know we’re not the best team in Europe, but for at least tonight we are so we’ll enjoy it”.

Cup competitions are usually just about good cup runs and one-off performances.

Unless you can show you can do it year after year.

Watching United vs PSG got me thinking just how far United are behind the best teams in Europe. There is actually quite a big gap between those who can realistically win the Champions League and those who can't.

How would you rank them on form at the moment?

For me (I've ranked the last 16 left in the champions league):

1) City
2) Liverpool
3) Barcelona
4) Juventus
5) Real Madrid
---------------------Those above can realistically win it-------------------
6) Atletico
7) PSG
-------------------Those above outside chance of winning it--------------
8) Spurs
9) Dortmund
10) Bayern
----------------------Those above unlikely------------------------------------
=16) Roma
=16) Lyon
=16) United
=16) Porto
=16) Ajax
=16) Schalke
----------------------Those above have no chance-------------------------

I think the top 4 have been streets ahead of the rest this season but can rule out Real. One of Atletico or Juventus will go out but expect the rest of the top 8 to qualify for the quarters, could be some knockout phase.
Just go to the bookies site and look how they see it.
Them lads' view, is definitely the most accurate

City 3/1

Barca 9/2

PSG 6/1

Juventus 7/1

Liverpool 9/1

Madrid 10/1

That's how they have it this morning

United 125/1 now
British bookies will always have our teams at shorter odds than real chances, reflecting the romantic and loyalty money wagered. City's real chance is 5 or 6 to one. Not sure why PSG seem not to be favoured.

British bookies will always have our teams at shorter odds than real chances, reflecting the romantic and loyalty money wagered. City's real chance is 5 or 6 to one. Not sure why PSG seem not to be favoured.

PSG are 6/1 which is a price nobody at this stage should be shorter than I agree.....unless it's United of course

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.