Next possible superstar

bugsyblue

I used to follow our EDS and under 18s fairly regularly but due to various I’ve stopped watching, tracking most games.

Question to those in the know. Is there anyone breaking through into the under 18s or under 21s who you’d say has a genuine chance to become a star?

We were obviously blessed with the likes of Sancho and Foden, Diaz too, but is there anyone who is close to these currently in our youth ranks?

I used to follow our EDS and under 18s fairly regularly but due to various I’ve stopped watching, tracking most games.

Question to those in the know. Is there anyone breaking through into the under 18s or under 21s who you’d say has a genuine chance to become a star?

We were obviously blessed with the likes of Sancho and Foden, Diaz too, but is there anyone who is close to these currently in our youth ranks?

Probably not right to think in terms of being a superstar but some names worth watching out for would be:
Tommy Doyle probably an obvious one to throw out there but he really does bring something quite special to the pitch when he gets out there. Reads the game well , sees passes and can deliver them as well, great set piece taker and most of all has a really big heart.

Taylor Harwood Bellis. Still very young but even playing at EDS level doesnt look out of place at all as a center back. Excellent in the air and has a composure at the back.

Eric Garcia. Slightly older than TaylorBH but real quality. Not as commanding in the air and maybe not as quick but as we have seen when he has played first team there is something there. AS with Philippe Sandler who has impressed although I havent seen that much of him. Maybe he will play today against Newport.

Then we have the very talented lads but is that enough. Felix Nmecha, Ian Carlo Poveda. Plus of cours ethere are a few out on loan and of them I would say Matt Smith would be the one I would see as most likely. Very much from the Tommy Doyle box so it will be interesting to see if he gets brought back.

Probably not right to think in terms of being a superstar but some names worth watching out for would be:
Tommy Doyle probably an obvious one to throw out there but he really does bring something quite special to the pitch when he gets out there. Reads the game well , sees passes and can deliver them as well, great set piece taker and most of all has a really big heart.

Taylor Harwood Bellis. Still very young but even playing at EDS level doesnt look out of place at all as a center back. Excellent in the air and has a composure at the back.

Eric Garcia. Slightly older than TaylorBH but real quality. Not as commanding in the air and maybe not as quick but as we have seen when he has played first team there is something there. AS with Philippe Sandler who has impressed although I havent seen that much of him. Maybe he will play today against Newport.

Then we have the very talented lads but is that enough. Felix Nmecha, Ian Carlo Poveda. Plus of course there are a few out on loan and of them I would say Matt Smith would be the one I would see as most likely. Very much from the Tommy Doyle box so it will be interesting to see if he gets brought back.
Considering the players we have who could play the Dinho role; Tommy Doyle, Matt Smith, (Douglas Luis and Aleix Garcia, Im throwing them in here), would you like City to buy a defensive midfielder still (like Ndombele or Aouar)? I feel like Dinho still has like 2 more years at this level, and in this time we should be integrating some youth players who can take over. Getting a Ndombele would still be great, but maybe not necessary.

Also, would like to add I think Jayden Braaf has looked class every time I see him play.

Considering the players we have who could play the Dinho role; Tommy Doyle, Matt Smith, (Douglas Luis and Aleix Garcia, Im throwing them in here), would you like City to buy a defensive midfielder still (like Ndombele or Aouar)? I feel like Dinho still has like 2 more years at this level, and in this time we should be integrating some youth players who can take over. Getting a Ndombele would still be great, but maybe not necessary.

Also, would like to add I think Jayden Braaf has looked class every time I see him play.

I suspect City might well go to replace Dinho and Ndombele did look excellent when i have seen him. Tommy or Matt maybe but not yet ( not maybe for 3 years) Yes to Jayden Braaf although he could just be another really talented lad ( Brandon Barker?) who looks the business but doesn't quite have it. First time I saw him I was very disappointed but he is still very very young and since then he has put in some great games.

Harwood-Bellis. Second youngest player on the pitch in the Youth Cup final tonight, and easily the best player. Duncan and Glatzel (13 goals between then in the Youth Cup only) didn’t get past him once, and I think he won every aerial duel. He’s tall, very strong, brilliant on the ball, a good passer and an amazing defender. Some might disagree with me, but he’s a Foden level talent. I love Eric Garcia, but THB is an even bigger talent. Has to go on the pre season tour

Harwood-Bellis. Second youngest player on the pitch in the Youth Cup final tonight, and easily the best player. Duncan and Glatzel (13 goals between then in the Youth Cup only) didn’t get past him once, and I think he won every aerial duel. He’s tall, very strong, brilliant on the ball, a good passer and an amazing defender. Some might disagree with me, but he’s a Foden level talent. I love Eric Garcia, but THB is an even bigger talent. Has to go on the pre season tour
Make him 4th choice over Vinny next year. If Otamendi also leaves, then he should be 3rd choice, with Garcia becoming 4th choice.

I agree, he has more talent than Eric.

Make him 4th choice over Vinny next year. If Otamendi also leaves, then he should be 3rd choice, with Garcia becoming 4th choice.

I agree, he has more talent than Eric.
Bit risky having a 17yo and 18yo as third and fourth choiche CBs. I personally hope both Ota and Kompany stays, Garcia goes on loan to either Twente in the Eredivisie, or some Championship club. Harwood-Bellis to take Garcia’s current role, and play some cup matches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.