Do you like trains?

He will love it.
Went on Wednesday. Very impressive. 2 huge halls packed with trains. The original 1964 Japanese Bullet train was great and so was the Mallard. My little lad loved it. We also went on the miniture railway.

For free it's a great place to go although I left the shop museum £30 lighter!!

I once met a man who flew Typhoons for the RAF in the second world war. He used to get to fly round France blowing up all manner of things. His favourite target was trains, he said it was a great feeling blowing the shite out them.

I have to say I envy that man.

I’m almost getting a sweat on already wondering if the 9.20 to London from Warrington is cancelled on Sunday like it was last year! The 10.20 then had 50,000 people on it like a scene from a Delhi express

I like old trains, proper trains.
For me, modern trains are claustrophobic, with uncomfortable seats (unless you are 5ft tall and weigh eight stones), grossly overcrowded with unseemly personages, and vastly over-priced.
Back in the day, when I was living in Crawley on a modest wage, I could afford to come home pretty much every fortnight, or every three weeks at worst. You walked up to the booking office, bought a small piece of card, and straight on the train. The seats were designed for a person of normal growth, and I never once had to stand. But, hey, that was in the days of bad old inefficient BR, who ran things like a railway, as opposed to a tin-pot bus company's idea of what an airline should be like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.