How many points to win the league?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool had a nice little holiday in Dubai came back and dropped points , they are now off to Marbella for ten days before the Rag game , perhaps we can have a whip round to send the Dippers to warmer climes every time they have a free weekend , at this rate we will only need around 95 points , but at least the Dippers will have a small advantage , think of all the air miles Klippety and his merry men are clocking up.
We did the same last season.

We’re on a great run, went to Abu Dhabi, came back and lost to Liverpool twice and United once.

Post from 31st January:
Made a similar thread last week but didn't realise there was already one, posted this before the Arsenal game:

Current Standings (before Arsenal game):
1) Liverpool, +41 GD, 61 points, maximum finish of 103 points.
2) City, +44 GD, 56 points, maximum finish of 98 points.
3) Spurs, +26 GD, 54 points, maximum finish of 96 points.

Remaining games:

Liverpool:
West Ham (A), Bournemouth (H), United (A), Watford (H), Everton (A), Burnley (H), Fulham (A), Spurs (H), Southampton (A), Chelsea (H), Cardiff (A), Huddersfield (H), Newcastle (A), Wolves (H)

City:
Arsenal (H), Everton (A), Chelsea (H), West Ham (H), Bournemouth (A), Watford (H), United (A), Fulham (A), Cardiff (H), Palace (A), Spurs (H), Burnley (A), Leicester (H), Brighton (A)

Spurs:
Newcastle (H), Leicester (H), Burnley (A), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Southampton (A), Palace (H), Liverpool (A), Brighton (H), Huddersfield (H), City (A), West Ham (H), Bournemouth (A), Everton (H)

For me 95/96 points wins the league.

96 points would have only not won the league last year and I think Liverpool are on course for less than 100.

I think we have to win 13 of the last 14 to have a chance at it in my opinion which shows what we're up against. Might even need to win them all.

______________EDITED FEBRUARY 7TH:_____________________

I think a lot of that still rings true, 95/96 points wins the league.

Updated:

Current Standings:
1) City, +48 GD, 62 points, maximum finish of 98 points.
2) Liverpool, +41 GD, 62 points, maximum finish of 101 points.
3) Spurs, +27 GD, 57 points, maximum finish of 96 points.

Remaining games:

Liverpool:
West Ham (A) DRAW 1-1, Bournemouth (H) WON 3-0, United (A) DRAW 1-1, Watford (H), Everton (A), Burnley (H), Fulham (A), Spurs (H), Southampton (A), Chelsea (H), Cardiff (A), Huddersfield (H), Newcastle (A), Wolves (H)

City:
Arsenal (H) WON 3-1, Everton (A) WON 2-0, Chelsea (H) WON 6-0, West Ham (H), Bournemouth (A), Watford (H), Fulham (A), Cardiff (H) (could change), Palace (A), Spurs (H), United (A), Burnley (A), Leicester (H), Brighton (A)

Spurs:
Newcastle (H) WON 1-0, Leicester (H) WON 3-1, Burnley (A) LOST 2 - 1, Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Southampton (A), Palace (H), Liverpool (A), Brighton (H), Huddersfield (H), City (A), West Ham (H), Bournemouth (A), Everton (H)

Updated results in the above post I made 3 and 4 weeks back.

Current Standings:
1) Liverpool, +44 GD, 66 points, maximum finish of 99 points.
2) City, +54 GD, 65 points, maximum finish of 98 points.
3) Spurs, +27 GD, 60 points, maximum finish of 93 points.

Still going with 95/96 points for the winner.

Think us and Liverpool have similar run-ins. Both have local derbies away but they have 2 top 6 games left outside of those, we have only 1, granted our local derby is also a top 6 game. Spurs' run-in easily the hardest.

93/94pts wins it for me.
We might not even need that much because looking at Liverpool yesterday it’s doubtful they’ll hit 90.

93/94pts wins it for me.
We might not even need that much because looking at Liverpool yesterday it’s doubtful they’ll hit 90.
Yep, And the dippers and us would near enough have to win 8 or 9 games out of the last 11 to get that total.

Theres defiantly banana skin games for both clubs coming up.

It's going to the wire this one.

It's still 90. Given that Spurs play both ourselves and the dippers, and given that the max points achievable by the three sides with 11 games remaining is;
Dippers 99
Us 98
Spurs 93

It's almost inevitable that 2 of the 3 sides are going to finish on 90 or less, making 90 the winning line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.