Do you like trains?

On the train from Schiphol to Groningen- 2 1/2 hours, 44 euro first class.

Cost ya about 395 quid in england and you'd end up stinking of piss and detergent.

Last edited:
Was your newspaper filled with stories about those insufferable Suffragette’s?
No, it was only 1976/77. City actually had a good team back then, although living in the South you wouldn't have known it. People say the 70s were crap. Most don't remember it. Trains were cheap, beer was cheap, and you didn't have to wait two weeks to see a doctor. There have been worse decades in UK history.

The thread title can be answered in a 'massive' NO as loads of Blues had to stand all the way to and from Wembley yesterday on Bransons finest piece of shit. Going out hey even announced that it was that overcrowded the alarm had been activated meaning it couldn't safely tilt, that in turn meant it had to travel slower. The one coming back was over 30 minutes late for me.

Effing joke. get it sorted Mat for the semi's.

I wanted to be a train driver when growing up..but don’t like people taking behind my back...

On the train from Schiphol to Groningen- 2 1/2 hours, 44 euro first class.

Cost ya about 395 quid in england and you'd end up stinking of piss and detergent.

Ooooh, I'd like to get on a train to Groningen sometime! I've travelled on a couple of Dutch trains and the questions yer end up asking the person in the ticket office that need to be asked here just leaves the Dutch operative looking puzzled and bemused as to what fuckin' system we have in the UK. Came back from Wembers this dinner time - Virgin train was spot on, and then onto Northern Rail. I tell Mrs Ewing we will not get the 15:04, we will get the 15:36. We get to Victoria and the 15:04 is ten minutes late so we make a dash for Platform 6 and wait. We wait a bit longer and it shows that it is now 15mins late. There's another train coming in on the same platform but going in the opposite direction, but thankfully that is two minutes late so the late arriving 15:04 will be away before the 15:26 to Southport arrives. But then the Southport train arrives and departs. The next scheduled departure from Platform 6 is the 15:36 to Leeds, which will get us home. But no mention of the 15:04. There has been some kind of Bermuda Triangle between Southport and Victoria which has swallowed a complete train on its way to Blackburn.

Ooooh, I'd like to get on a train to Groningen sometime! I've travelled on a couple of Dutch trains and the questions yer end up asking the person in the ticket office that need to be asked here just leaves the Dutch operative looking puzzled and bemused as to what fuckin' system we have in the UK. Came back from Wembers this dinner time - Virgin train was spot on, and then onto Northern Rail. I tell Mrs Ewing we will not get the 15:04, we will get the 15:36. We get to Victoria and the 15:04 is ten minutes late so we make a dash for Platform 6 and wait. We wait a bit longer and it shows that it is now 15mins late. There's another train coming in on the same platform but going in the opposite direction, but thankfully that is two minutes late so the late arriving 15:04 will be away before the 15:26 to Southport arrives. But then the Southport train arrives and departs. The next scheduled departure from Platform 6 is the 15:36 to Leeds, which will get us home. But no mention of the 15:04. There has been some kind of Bermuda Triangle between Southport and Victoria which has swallowed a complete train on its way to Blackburn.

Lost me there kidder.

Me: how much to Groningen
Them: 28 euro
Me: first class?
Them: 44
Me: done. What platform?
Them: 2. 20 mins.

Sorted.

Lost me there kidder.

Me: how much to Groningen
Them: 28 euro
Me: first class?
Them: 44
Me: done. What platform?
Them: 2. 20 mins.

Sorted.

All that said, Groningen is a great town. Try it. Very pretty. Great station. Great pubs. They sell La Chouffe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.