Bolton - game called off 27/4 due to players still not paid (p13)

My daughter plays for them. Paid nearly 700 quid for a trip for her and to no suprise whatsoever it doesn’t look like it is happening.

The owner needs to sell.

I remember in the early 2k's their owner Phil somethingorother was being held up as a model owner. They were doing alright and had managed to get some top players in even if they were coming to the end of their career. I was sure they were living beyond their means and it has all come back to haunt them i think from that time.

I remember in the early 2k's their owner Phil somethingorother was being held up as a model owner. They were doing alright and had managed to get some top players in even if they were coming to the end of their career. I was sure they were living beyond their means and it has all come back to haunt them i think from that time.

Gartside.

Phil Gartside wasn't the owner, Eddie Davies was.

We weren't living beyond our means back then because he was funding it.

The problems started with relegation from the Premier League and the failure to win promotion before the parachute payments ran out.

We have one of the lowest levels of debt in the Championship now, which tells you what sort of state some of the other clubs down there are in.

Hope they get a new owner soon. Clubs whose fans detest the rags are ok by me ( apart from Liverpool and Leeds) :)

Phil Gartside wasn't the owner, Eddie Davies was.

We weren't living beyond our means back then because he was funding it.

The problems started with relegation from the Premier League and the failure to win promotion before the parachute payments ran out.

We have one of the lowest levels of debt in the Championship now, which tells you what sort of state some of the other clubs down there are in.
Ok I'm not that clued up on finances but isn't that the definition of living beyond your means? If the owner was funding it and not the club being self sustainable, that is living beyond your means, no?

Ok I'm not that clued up on finances but isn't that the definition of living beyond your means? If the owner was funding it and not the club being self sustainable, that is living beyond your means, no?

He gave us the money.

If he'd loaned us the money, we would have been living beyond our means because we wouldn't have the means to pay off the debt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.