Champions League Games 5/6 March

The proposed law says something about natural silhouette so I don't think that will be the case. Nevertheless, any change is ridiculous, the problem is UEFA don't understand the rules and the referees love deciding the game rather than letting the footballers decide it. The handball rule is applied fine in the prem and that wouldn't have been a pen in a million years over here.

Can't argue with that. No way accidental handball should be penalised.

Maybe and that’s not how it should be applied for me but if everyone knows that at the start of next season then fair enough. Everyone will have to keep their arms behind their back but you know one week we’ll have one given against us as it’s the new law and we should know better, but within a few weeks the rags won’t have one given against them!!

I agree mate. Similar to the holding in the box rule.

Knowing the rags luck they’ll get Porto in the draw,this reminds me of Chelsea under de matteo ( interim manager at time) got huge luck in games on way to winning the bloody thing in Munich’s backyard ...
Have you seen the draws theve been given in the cups this season?...It's bad luck, not luck.

Rather play them lot than PSG. Real, PSG and one of Juventus or Atleti out before the quarter finals. With a bit of luck (and impartial referees) we have a real opportunity this season

I think the the one big problem impeding this is the corrupt officials. They tried to do us over against schalke. I fear they are the hurdle. If we manage to avoid them beforehand, and we manage to overcome the UEFA organisation, I see a Barca city final
In Madrid!

A catalonian team against a catalonian manager of another club who both support independence. It wont happen!

PSG, Real Madrid, Dortmund and now Roma all out. Unbelievable couple of days.

Anyone fancy a trip to Porto?

Yes. But I’m incredibly biased. I often shout penalty for a foul throw. Even if our player took it.

I am in theory a fan of VAR. But VAR is reviewed by individuals, so open to some interpretation - If decisions like that are given all the time then fair enough

Do you think we would have got it in the last minute f the final V Barcelona?

Consistently wrong yes
Not according to next years rules. The confusion comes as to whether they are meant to be applied now.

The thing is, plenty of people that have played lots of football (and refereed) professionally are saying penalty and lots are saying it wasn’t. That’s an issue. The law and public interpretation needs to be far more clear to avoid this confusion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.