Champions League Games 5/6 March

We should be delighted United are through and Psg are out.. Over two legs against them bring it on!

Any handball against us from now on in the cl we need to appeal as a team and put the pressure on for a review. If the one tonight and the Otamendi one are pens then every handball in the box is a pen.
This is correct looking at the Kimpende and Otamendi situations and listening to Walton.

Once that ref got the message, it was over for PSG.

At least last night, the ref got to look at a monitor, unlike ours, so could make his own decision.
Again, unlike ours.

The message?
Shoot on sight as often as you can.
It's going to be a penalty feast.

Schalke will have taken note

Reactions: mat
Mark Clattenburg has his say:

“Let's be clear, referee Damir Skomina applied the laws as UEFA wish them to be in awarding Manchester United their late penalty in Paris.

But PSG will be furious, and I understand why. This, for me, should not have been a penalty as Presnel Kimpembe did not deliberately handle the ball.

This would never be given as a penalty in the Premier League, but it was given in the Champions League because of UEFA's recent instruction to referees, which came about after Manchester City conceded a similar one at Schalke last month.

10672070-0-image-m-3_1551911009415.jpg

+5
The referee made the right call by awarding a penalty following Presnel Kimpembe's handball
10672068-0-image-m-4_1551911018240.jpg

+5
The ref simply applied the laws as UEFA wish them to be but for me it shouldn't have been a penalty.

They want referees to penalise handballs when the arm is out and in a non-natural position. In that respect the official has been consistent.

However, he watched a slow-motion replay of the incident, and when it comes to handball it always looks worse slowed down.

I would always want to watch a handball claim in a real-time replay. Do that here and it's never a penalty as the player turned away and tried to withdraw his arm away from the ball”

One big problem with this apparently new, and what on the face of it looks unfair stance on what constitutes a deliberate handball, is that these referees have been instructed to make decisions on a new ruling that nobody else in the football world knows anything about.

What corruption?

With all the “shock” results so far, it begs the question, “Will the real City show up for the Schalke game or....?”

It is set up perfectly for a “Typical City” moment!

There, I said it...so stands to reason it won’t happen! :0

With all the “shock” results so far, it begs the question, “Will the real City show up for the Schalke game or....?”

It is set up perfectly for a “Typical City” moment!

There, I said it...so stands to reason it won’t happen! :0
Well, from what we saw of the first leg games, I would say Schalke have a better chance of overturning one goal, than United had overturning two in Paris

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.