Champions League Games 5/6 March

PSG should have won the game last night and it is their own fault they were in that position. Two shocking goals to concede initially and then something like that can always happen.

Against Schalke we got some dodgy decisions against us but despite that kept fighting and won the game. It makes the 2nd leg much more comfortable. They have to score at least twice whilst not conceding and we can pick them off.

VAR can cost you a game. We have to deal with dodgy officials and decisions but they cannot stop us dominating games and still winning through. Let's get into the quarters and see our route to the final. The CL has been blown wide open. There might not be a better time to win it. We would beat any of the four teams currently through. The games next week have 4 stronger teams likely to progress and avoiding them will help us continue to fight on all fronts.

PSG choked no way around it really but they are known for bottling it....

Teams like Madrid and PSG going out is a good thing even if it means united go through surely...as if Neymar was there this would have been different so least he will not be in it going forward

United had a bit of luck last night but deserved it. The showboating in the first half from Alves was unforgivable. Thank god we didn’t get him.

United had a bit of luck last night but deserved it. The showboating in the first half from Alves was unforgivable. Thank god we didn’t get him.
Mbappe too, fucking laughing as his back heel went wrong

I'm sure that's it. The mistakes last year against Liverpool by our defenders were due to a giant conspiracy because we and PSG "aren't allowed to win" the Champions League. Do people like you actually believe a word of what you're saying?
Jesus wept you use the Liverpool tie last year as an example. How many decisons went against us I can think of 3 fair goals, pen, offside goal for Salah but hey ho it's a conspiracy!

And our ref didn't get to look at a monitor.

He was instructed by a 3rd party (ies), through his earpiece to point for a penalty.

UEFA the next day put out some kind of spurious statement to confirm that the situation was 'orally described to the ref, to allow him to come to the correct decision '.

What corruption?
Yep, absolute bollocks isn’t it. I’m not some dinosaur that is against VAR in principle but did people really think this is how it should be implemented. It’s been completely hijacked and we currently have a big mess.

One big problem with this apparently new, and what on the face of it looks unfair stance on what constitutes a deliberate handball, is that these referees have been instructed to make decisions on a new ruling that nobody else in the football world knows anything about.

What corruption?

Has is been updated into their list of laws or is it a just off the cuff change.
Does this mean Uefa can change any law of the game at their whim and when it suits THEM.

Whilst I strongly lean towards the suspicion that VAR isn't being implemented fairly (and to our detriment, in many cases), I am still very much in favour of keeping it.
You see, now with VAR, the controversies are being highlighted, measured and recorded.
This is going to be a very important resource for City as things progress.

Already, we can point to:

* VAR reverting back to an incident on the edge of our box, in an effort to disallow Aguero's goal v Schalke.

* VAR being used to give a very dodgy handball , penalty decision against us.

* VAR being used to give another penalty which certainly wasn't "clear and obvious" v Schalke.

* Aguero's goal at Wembley being disallowed when doing so wasn't "clear and obvious" either.

That's four incidents, clearly recorded (the first three, when VAR wasn't even working properly!). It's not fun, having to suffer through the bullshit and bias but it's going to be very hard for the powers-that-be to deny there is a systematic bias if (and when) the statistics prove that we are more heavily disadvantaged than other clubs.

The counter argument will, inevitably, propose that VAR is arbitrarily applied and beyond reproach but that becomes a very tenuous position to defend if (as I suspect) the evidence stacks up to show that one club is being inordinately scrutinized.

And the evidence is (ahem, brace yourself because this is hilarious) clear and obvious, now.

I like watching football. I'm not happy watching this fucking soap opera, that is VAR.

Just seen Edin's amateur dramatics last night. For fuck's sake Ed; what were you thinking of? Yes, Pepe (surprise surprise) did butt him. But he took so long to go down, there was a risk of my clothes being back in fashion. He was a great servant to us (remember all those Bosnian fanboys?), but he embarrassed himself there.

Has is been updated into their list of laws or is it a just off the cuff change.
Does this mean Uefa can change any law of the game at their whim and when it suits THEM.

Might just be different interpretations of the law. I've read quite a few articles suggesting that English refs are out of line with most European refs when it comes to hand balls. Apparently PL refs are much less likely to award pens for hand ball than their European counterparts. One example given was the penalty award for france in the WC final which was considered to be hugely controversial by our media but didnt attract that much comment elsewhere. Its almost reached the point where European refs ignore the concept of accidental hand ball.

Pehaps something that our players need to be aware of when playing in the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.