Champions League Games 5/6 March

Might just be different interpretations of the law. I've read quite a few articles suggesting that English refs are out of line with most European refs when it comes to hand balls. Apparently PL refs are much less likely to award pens for hand ball than their European counterparts. One example given was the penalty award for france in the WC final which was considered to be hugely controversial by our media but didnt attract that much comment elsewhere. Its almost reached the point where European refs ignore the concept of accidental hand ball.

Pehaps something that our players need to be aware of when playing in the CL.
Come on now, Clattenburg was English and he didn't need the ball to even touch the hand to give a penalty for handball*. He didn't even need the contact to occur in the area**.

*if making contact with a City player
**see above

I watched the last few minutes of the Porto/Roma game. When the Porto penalty went to VAR the commentators said that it was being checked to see if the guy who was held back was offside before being fouled and if he was the foul wouldn't have been penalised. I may be wrong but when Ferni gave the penalty away, they said the offside aspect was irrelevent! Who knows what to make of these ‘laws’ nowadays?

Well the laws of the game do explicitly state that, as an offside player has not committed an offence until he [interferes], any offence against him should be penalised..

Two legs is the only way to go in the play-offs ,but the away goal rule is utter bulls..t.I do hope they will change it soon.
It's not though, plenty of other comps have single leg rounds, a two leg round is just to favour better teams, as they have more of a chance. And in this case better means bigger means G14.

Watching Eintracht Frankfurt v Internazionale, and the Scottish referee, who is the personification of incompetent-William Collum, just let off the Italians with what looked a good shout for a penalty. No VAR, of course, but if there were, I reckon he'd tune in to Eastenders by mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.