UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this is a bit like deregulation of a public service. Open up any service to proper competition (City/Chelsea/Spurs - and Leicester) and the nationalised institutions at the top of the tree (Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal) will fight by whatever means to protect their market share. Usually, the nationalised institution runs the new competition off the road and reports them to the regulator on false accusations of non-compliance. In this case, we are the competition and we refuse to be run off the road.

Last edited:
I don't think David is employed by United anymore. If so then Ole would see to it that no clash of interest could happen.
If anything Ole is known for being a man of character and would never want to capitalise on an unfair advantage.

FFS. You're definitely on the wind up.

This isn't a Mexican standoff, the club might well lose this, I've no idea either way and I'm pretty sure you don't either.

But there is a power imbalance here, we need to compete and UEFA can stop us, we don't have anything UEFA wants, but they have something we very much want. It might come down to taking UEFA to court, it might mean lengthy legal battles, it might mean something more than a pinch, either way it's not good for us and we won't emerge unscathed, I'm pretty sure of that.
Thanks Corporal Jones.
Hopefully you're not on our legal team.

Is there a legal precedence for this? I mean can a regulatory body instigate an investigation based on illegally obtained information?

Surely all they can access are the accounts of public record, which I'm confident City will have an audit trail for.

If this investigation is proved to be unwarranted der Spiegel will surely cease to exist as a credible investigative entity.

It is a good statement from the club which should give confidence that all will come out in the wash and an end to this pantomime is in sight one way or another.

I do have to seriously question the intelligence of those of our fans who take the view that they do not care and even welcome the prospect of us being kicked out of Europe. Go on exercise your brains for a moment.

Let us imagine UEFA kick us out for even one season. How wonderful it would be having just the three competitions to play in. Except it would be no such thing would it? Can anyone maybe come up with the reason why?? No well I am here to help.

Our manager and players would quite reasonably prefer to go and elsewhere to play in the Champions League because I absolutely guarantee Pep and every single one of the players hold a polar opposite view to those Blues who bleat on about how shite the CL is and unimportant. Missing European competition for even one season would be a major problem to them.

Sure if you dont wish to attend CL games and would prefer the challenge of trying to get double figures against Burton then fine each to their own. Lets however give some thought to those who know full well if we truly want to be on a par with the red twats either end of the east Lancs road then it is a competition we must win, If we want to continue having the likes of Laporte, Bernado, and so on wearing the Blue shirts of City then we must be challenging to win this competition every single season.

Yes UEFA are a bent set of twats no question, given this latest carry on a resumption of booing UEFA is justified but lets keep it real....without European competition even the Sheikh may loose interest, half the squad would not get games and very simply there would be all manner of consequences that could see severe damage done to Manchester City football club.

Whilst I totally agree with the disdain our fans hold UEFA with good reaason I also despair and wonder what the thought process is when concluding it would be just fine were there no CL involvement....What utter bollocks, You have not the sense you were born with.

The unfortunate truth is that if you want to continue to see a team that can and does win derbies, League titles and domestic cups for fun then the CL is like it or not vital to all the good things that have happened over the last decade continuing. So yes by all means call UEFA out, choose not to attend CL matches by all means Though I am sure Pep and the players would prefer you to give them your support, but please stop this fanciful ill thought out bollocks about how City do not need the CL....We do. I am sorry to say we need the CL more than it needs us after all our top players will go elsewhere to play in it should City not be taking part.

Absolutely agree with all that....with the exception of the last 16 words. Where was the mass exodus at Chelsea and Arsenal at the end of last season?

People might dislike the CL but it provides cash for us to improve the squad and win the PL. so by saying forget the CL we wil just win the PL...its not that simple.

Is there a legal precedence for this? I mean can a regulatory body instigate an investigation based on illegally obtained information?

Surely all they can access are the accounts of public record, which I'm confident City will have an audit trail for.

If this investigation is proved to be unwarranted der Spiegel will surely cease to exist as a credible investigative entity.
Maybe Sheikh Mansour will buy the Company after he`s sued them for $Billions.

The timing of this is odd, as is the sudden supposed whining by 12 premier league clubs, though how the times knows this so quickly I have no idea. A sceptic might say as we stand on the verge of a historical quadruple it is being done to derail us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.