F1 thread - 2019 Season

its all looking like a open season in testing with all looking good ??? BUT the major players are not daft and give nothing away and you can bet the big two will be fighting each other red bull are going to be close, but they have a young careless driver in Max verstappen and a new young driver in pierre gasly, so will they take to much of a gamble in fighting for places that are not really there and take out others and themselves ??

Renault will be the puzzle and could be right in the mix or down and out at the back, maybe McLaren who can just jump up the pecking order with a new car but also go the other way and get even worst ??

The midfield battle will be interesting this year, I wonder if McClaren will be close to Renault? Alfa Romeo now have the extra backing to put into Sauber and could surprise as well.

I wonder how close the Torro Rosso will be to the red bull?

At the front it will be the usual story of Ferrari coming out of the traps but the better driver in Lewis Hamilton prevailing.

The midfield battle will be interesting this year, I wonder if McClaren will be close to Renault? Alfa Romeo now have the extra backing to put into Sauber and could surprise as well.

I wonder how close the Torro Rosso will be to the red bull?

At the front it will be the usual story of Ferrari coming out of the traps but the better driver in Lewis Hamilton prevailing.
Think Renault will be pushing Red Bull hard this year as they have extra funding and don't supply Red Bull with their engines anymore. They have Danny Ric as their lead driver now. Also the Honda engine in the Red Bull is an unknown quantity.

As for the rest of the midfield I can see Racing Point(used to be Force India) surprising a few people. They have always had a good setup in the past and they now have the financial backing of Lawrence Stroll and Carlos Slimm. Only downside is that Lance Stroll is one of their drivers who I think is awful and is only in F1 because of his dad.

As for the others Hass, Alfa Romeo, Sauber will all be competing with each other. I really want McLaren to do well but I just can't see it. They'll be scrapping at the bottom with Toro Rosso and Williams.

Williams will get a lot of press due to Robert Kubica which is an amazing story but they are in an absolute mess now. Paddy Lowe has just stepped down after the car wasn't even ready for winter testing and I feel Claire needs to step down. It'll be hard for her as that's been her whole life but for Williams to survive in F1 they need completely new management and major investment.

Sad to see the way the state of Williams and McLaren are now as when I was a kid they were always near the top competing and they always had great drivers, Senna,Hill,Mansell,Prost ect

Think Renault will be pushing Red Bull hard this year as they have extra funding and don't supply Red Bull with their engines anymore. They have Danny Ric as their lead driver now. Also the Honda engine in the Red Bull is an unknown quantity.

As for the rest of the midfield I can see Racing Point(used to be Force India) surprising a few people. They have always had a good setup in the past and they now have the financial backing of Lawrence Stroll and Carlos Slimm. Only downside is that Lance Stroll is one of their drivers who I think is awful and is only in F1 because of his dad.

As for the others Hass, Alfa Romeo, Sauber will all be competing with each other. I really want McLaren to do well but I just can't see it. They'll be scrapping at the bottom with Toro Rosso and Williams.

Williams will get a lot of press due to Robert Kubica which is an amazing story but they are in an absolute mess now. Paddy Lowe has just stepped down after the car wasn't even ready for winter testing and I feel Claire needs to step down. It'll be hard for her as that's been her whole life but for Williams to survive in F1 they need completely new management and major investment.

Sad to see the way the state of Williams and McLaren are now as when I was a kid they were always near the top competing and they always had great drivers, Senna,Hill,Mansell,Prost ect

I think McClaren have a shout at 4th or 5th this year, they’ve had a much more stable preseason than the last 4 years. They got plenty of running into the car in testing, will Renault be as up front with what they know about the engine? I don’t know why McClaren can’t be a fully works team and develop their own engines. At least what they do with a hybrid F1 engine can be implemented into their road cars.

I think McClaren have a shout at 4th or 5th this year, they’ve had a much more stable preseason than the last 4 years. They got plenty of running into the car in testing, will Renault be as up front with what they know about the engine? I don’t know why McClaren can’t be a fully works team and develop their own engines. At least what they do with a hybrid F1 engine can be implemented into their road cars.
McLaren as a company cut the F1 teams funding due to the results in the previous years and that's why they went to Renault.

Another factor is the drivers. Norris is a rookie and Sainz is a decent driver and Alonso was a huge presence in that team. It also looks likely he may return next year for McLaren which will put pressure on the current drivers

This strikes me as a terrible idea. Only a small number of teams are ever going to get a shot at it, and they'll be raking points in anyway.
It necessarily, teams at bottom out of points can save a set of new tyres for last 5 laps and go qualy mode.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This strikes me as a terrible idea. Only a small number of teams are ever going to get a shot at it, and they'll be raking points in anyway.
You'll like this then, I believe the 1 point bonus only applies to the top 10 in the race. May have read that wrong though.
FWIW I quite like the idea of extra points. I think it came from an initiative whereby fans were consulted.

You'll like this then, I believe the 1 point bonus only applies to the top 10 in the race. May have read that wrong though.
FWIW I quite like the idea of extra points. I think it came from an initiative whereby fans were consulted.

Really? It would be better if it was "not the top 6" for example, as then it makes a bit more difference than having a frontrunner chuck in a quick one just for the record books, a la Verstappen.

Better, but still bad!

Possibly fastest as a direct percentage of the qualifying time, as that evens up across the field.

Really? It would be better if it was "not the top 6" for example, as then it makes a bit more difference than having a frontrunner chuck in a quick one just for the record books, a la Verstappen.

Better, but still bad!

Possibly fastest as a direct percentage of the qualifying time, as that evens up across the field.
Vettel has form, very much likes to have that. I remeber Horner going bonkers at him for Red Bull a few years back as they thought the car would fail and the race was in the bag.
Re the bonus points, I like the concept but there are probably better ways to implement it as you suggest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.