Joleon Lescott - the coach?

jamesha

Team supported
Manchester City
Just saw this on the official site

"City's Loan Team Manager Joleon Lescott will work alongside Boothroyd’s coaching staff as part of an elite coach placement programme, a partnership with The FA and PFA that is designed to provide under-represented groups with coaching opportunities within the England set-up."

I like Joleon as a person and applaud him for taking a step into coaching but I do wonder whether he has the right attitude to succeed at City. He was commentating on a recent match and said that the goalie would have seen "Lescott" if he had been centre half (meaning he would have turned his back and not been open to receive the ball) when the keeper played the ball out and it got intercepted. Not really supporting our style of play.

"City's Loan Team Manager Joleon Lescott will work alongside Boothroyd’s coaching staff as part of an elite coach placement programme, a partnership with The FA and PFA that is designed to provide under-represented groups with coaching opportunities within the England set-up."

I like Joleon as a person and applaud him for taking a step into coaching but I do wonder whether he has the right attitude to succeed at City. He was commentating on a recent match and said that the goalie would have seen "Lescott" if he had been centre half (meaning he would have turned his back and not been open to receive the ball) when the keeper played the ball out and it got intercepted. Not really supporting our style of play.
hes talking about his abilities ,he will coach in the pep way or no way at all

He's not a coach, he's a player liaison. It's his job to get them acting as professionals and comfortable in their routines, not tactics and coaching as such.

At least that's my understanding of his position with us, great to have him here again.

Nice lad, but will need to toughen up a bit especially in the lower leagues if he wants to make it to a decent club

You have to think how our players, coaches and most importantly the fans have taken and adapted to Pep’s ideas and style of football. I’m addicted to tactics and different styles of play, it’s my inner geek and I could give you chapter and verse on team and individual movements, the reasons why and everything in between.

The way I thought we should play and improve under Mancini now looks like I was living in the 1940’s, Joleen will be no different and probably doesn’t think the same way as he did at the start of last season, never mind how he played under Mancini.

Before Ederson, if someone said a keeper would play through balls like Silva and ping 80 yard passes (not hoofs) like Pirlo, I can guarantee each and every single one of us would have pissed ourselves. Now we couldn’t go back to a ‘normal’ goalkeeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.