Sergio's penalty (Swansea QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would the referee know if the ball was going to go in off the post or not?

I don’t see how he could have ruled that penalty out today - unless the new rule states it can’t hit the post on the way in which seems unlikely?

I don’t think there is anything to be gained by changing the rules. On a separate note, I’d have Gundogan taking our penalties from now on.

How would the referee know if the ball was going to go in off the post or not?

I don’t see how he could have ruled that penalty out today - unless the new rule states it can’t hit the post on the way in which seems unlikely?
If it hits the post and goes in, goal, if it hits the post and doesn't go in, its no goal, its very black or white that, more so than many other decisions (laws).

...if I understand some law changes, this won't count in the future, once saved or missed (hit a post) its a dead ball.

Good or bad change ?

(Obviously bad tonight, but in the grand scheme, I think its a good change overall.)
It would still count under the new rules, just as it would in a shootout.

I think it would count like when the ball hits the bar, bounces out and takes a weird spin off the turf and ends up bouncing in the net while the goalie is running around high fiveing mascots and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.