Sergio's penalty (Swansea QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it hits the post and goes in, goal, if it hits the post and doesn't go in, its no goal, its very black or white that, more so than many other decisions (laws).

But Aguero’s penalty did go in so surely that can’t be ruled out?

Another scenario - the penalty is on target, the goalkeeper pushes onto the inside of the post and then it hits his hand a second time and goes into the net. There’s no way that could disallowed but by the example above it would be. It would cause mayhem.

But Aguero’s penalty did go in so surely that can’t be ruled out?

Another scenario - the penalty is on target, the goalkeeper pushes onto the inside of the post and then it hits his hand a second time and goes into the net. There’s no way that could disallowed but by the example above it would be. It would cause mayhem.
In your "other scenario" fuck knows under the new ruling, but it should be a goal imho.

I'm not a great believer in changing the rules, and why I started this discussion, but my view is that a penalty should really be a one time shot, like it is in a shoot out, but it highlights the problem with fucking about with rules (see VAR and the new handball theory).

This new rule means Ederson can be our penalty taker. No chance of a break away and the opponents walking it into an empty net
A player is onside for a goal kick, so they could potentially take a quick one and the same problem will result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.