Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. He himself admitted in a City interview he is scared of getting as stuck in as before for fear of his injury.

That’s why at times we cant tell if he’s on the pitch, even with Brazil. He’s a shade of the player he was and can be which is not a slight to the brilliant performances he used to have.

Cant argue much with that since he himself admitted to it.

No you can't tell he is on the pitch, we can.

Yes. He himself admitted in a City interview he is scared of getting as stuck in as before for fear of his injury.

That’s why at times we cant tell if he’s on the pitch, even with Brazil. He’s a shade of the player he was and can be which is not a slight to the brilliant performances he used to have.

Are you referring to an interview from 11 months ago when he said that against Basel he still had some fear of getting injured? The same interview where he says it'll go away when he plays more.

Get a grip.

Can someone provide us with his goals stats this season.

How many Penalty did he score, how many important goals or assists did he have.

Even when Gabby has a poor game, you know he's on the pitch, he puts himself around always.

He does however his goalscoring seems to have dried up a bit where as Aguero is bang on form. I'd agree that we don't look any less formidable or composed with him playing but I think I just fancy Aguero to score a whole lot more than Gabby right now. He needs to bang some in before the end of the season.

Are you referring to an interview from 11 months ago when he said that against Basel he still had some fear of getting injured? The same interview where he says it'll go away when he plays more.

Get a grip.

Yes that interview.

I’ve seen him this season and last year with Brazil getting out of 50/50s and stayong away from harm. Nothing wrong with being scared of avoiding injuries he’s young and he’s found out he’s not invincible.

Remember in around 40 games prior to this season he had around 11 yellow cards. This season with 30+ games he is yet to pick one yellow card. Maybe he has been coached to play cleaner but it certainly has affected his effectiveness.

We are talking about the next big Brazilian who scored 7 in 10 games with Brazil. Last year he played 5 and scored none. Jumped out of tackles and has an aerial duel stat that is less than half of his normal numbers. He is a bit rattled, he’s young and he’s not lost his ability. He’s just not as Jesus as Jesus used to be when he had that indestructible youngblood streak he had then. His injuries, and I believe Neymar’s as well, made him become more conservative.

He’s one of the best strikers in the league no doubt. But there is a big drop now between Aguero and Jesus. Yes, more games will get him back to form. But sometimes playing him over Aguero in a supposedly easy game that turned tricky is a risk and if at minute 60 we should sub Aguero in.

Brazil is the national team version of Real Madrid fans.

Entitled, spoilt, and boo you as soon as you have 1 bad game.

I can, seeing as I noticed him quite a lot as one of our best players & best goalscorers only a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.