Champions league spurs at home

Well the OAPs are hardly the future of the club are they? Also why should it cost more just because we have a great team? The gate money is a small % of income. Why should ordinary fans who do not have vast amounts of disposable income and want to make the effort to support the team be priced out? I think we should be seeking to build the future support of City right now and one way to do that is with reasonably priced tickets for a working class support which is what we’ve always been. As I understand it the rags have cheaper tickets than us.
Usually wild horses wouldn't have kept me away from the !st leg at spurs but with time off work a cup semi final the second leg at home and the possibility of European progress thats the one i'll give a miss.

Well the OAPs are hardly the future of the club are they? Also why should it cost more just because we have a great team? The gate money is a small % of income. Why should ordinary fans who do not have vast amounts of disposable income and want to make the effort to support the team be priced out? I think we should be seeking to build the future support of City right now and one way to do that is with reasonably priced tickets for a working class support which is what we’ve always been. As I understand it the rags have cheaper tickets than us.

There's a fair few taking along their grandkids as far as I can see. We've had a dearth of enjoyment for some years and many of the old timers are taking along the young ones (school kid glory hunters) as their parents are the missed generation from when we were shit. You are too quick to dismiss the oldtimers. My dad takes my nephew and two others in my small avenue take their grandsons. It isn't all as simple as it first seems.

Having said that it's only the first sentence of your post I disagree with.

Agreed it's pricey and coming at a time when fans will need to find the cash for Wembley it's going to be impossible for some. But, the club has been more than reasonable with pricing of less glamorous cup ties. Taken in isolation I don't think you can argue the price isn't worthy of a Champions League Quarter-Final.

I think City could have been more reasonable with the pricing for this. Usually prices for CL games are very good so it could be argued that it evens out in the long run. On the other hand my seat in EL3 will be DOUBLE the averaged-out cost of my over-65 seasoncard (based on 19 home games). My son's adult seat (next to mine) is only slightly more than the averaged out cost. I don't see the logic in that and it makes the cost probably too high for many senior citizens.

Talking about us old timers not being 'the future of the club' is inaccurate as 80's Shorts has correctly pointed out. This level of pricing may well prevent some kids from going with their grandparents.

I will be at the game as I've waited years for times like these. I am fortunate that I can afford it. I do however think that the Club has not thought the pricing strategy through, especially with so many games during the final 3 months of the season.

Finally, there is at times a lack of respect from some on BM about us old timers. Some of us have been there, done it & got the tee shirt. Plenty of us are still doing it too, and just as enthusiastically as we were in our 20's. Perhaps some Bluemooners may have a different point of view in 40 years time !

Am trying to buy online and won't let me as says restricted sale. This isn't right as I am entitled to buy and they even sent me an email this morning to say the window is open. I doubt it's sold out in 2 hours.

Am trying to buy online and won't let me as says restricted sale. This isn't right as I am entitled to buy and they even sent me an email this morning to say the window is open. I doubt it's sold out in 2 hours.
Have you logged in to your account?

Hysterical post and notwithstanding some of your considered contributions from time to time please do not fall into the trap of believing your own PR. Most of the over 65s I know have more time and more money than they have ever had. Quite simply, it costs to watch one of the best sides ever playing in lots of competitions. Some can afford it, some can not, some will go to all, others to some matches, and some will watch on TV. That's life. At least regular, live TV is an option which it wasn't when I was a lad. This is the greatest time I have ever had watching City and I was fortunate enough to see us come out of the second division and then win the league,the cup , the League Cup and ECWC. Now not everyone wants to or can afford to attend every game which has probably always been the case but now hardly anyone misses the march rvhe highlights or e gals.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. City being better does not increase the depth of my or any other fan's pocket. In fact it puts more pressure on us financially. And the fact that most will be able to watch on TV is another reason why prices should have been lower. My point was that we've just been to a Wembley final, are expected to pay for an FA Cup semi-final, with a good prospect of another trip to the final, not to mention another three away games in London. It'd be nice if City eased that financial pressure a bit.

I've been reliably told that our CEO believes that we should pay more to watch higher quality football (although I know there is also a feeling among others at senior levels that they''ve reached the limit on pricing). But what will happen is that, faced with thousands of unsold tickets for this game, the club will shift them, at a huge discount, to colleges, universities, workplaces, community groups, etc because that's what happened with Schalke tickets. So loyal season ticket holders will pay full price and some student will get the ticket cheap, or even free. I'd quite like it to be the other way round.

Have you seen the pricing for the Cardiff game? £45 for a seat near me in 109 to watch one of the worst teams in the PL on a Wednesday night. If I wanted to watch Cardiff at Arsenal from a similarly situated seat it'd cost me £26.50. I could even watch them for less at Spurs' new ground. Someone at our club seems to think our fanbase is as big as United or Liverpool's when it clearly isn't.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.