The evolution of stuff

Tuearts right boot

Halfway up a mountain,bumfuck nowhere,Snowdonia.
Now I get cider and wine, obviously the fruits juices forgotten about then someone finds it, drinks it and...fuck me luv, this is a bit of all right. Beer I sort of get but it's a bit more complex than leaving a brew and so on and so forth but how in gods name did somebody get to the end product that is whiskey by mistake, even if it wasn't a mistake how did someone sort out the complexities of it when no one had the slightest ideas, surely not.

In the old days, before facebook and internet forums, people had an awful lot more time on their hands

I often wonder what god awful tasting flowers were dried and smoked before some bright spark found cannabis.

I would assume the understanding of wood (tannin's and leather for example) played some part in whisky. Spirits would have been held in casks some formed partially by fire. The simple passing of time and a lot of getting sloshed would i assume have refined the process. The smokiness that a fired barrel would impart would quickly become desired for example as opposed to non fired or something along those lines. The ingredients would, i assume, be used out of there being nothing else in mass to use. How to we use all this excess grain? etc etc.

Now I get cider and wine, obviously the fruits juices forgotten about then someone finds it, drinks it and...fuck me luv, this is a bit of all right. Beer I sort of get but it's a bit more complex than leaving a brew and so on and so forth but how in gods name did somebody get to the end product that is whiskey by mistake, even if it wasn't a mistake how did someone sort out the complexities of it when no one had the slightest ideas, surely not.

It’s a well known fact that up here back in the day, we didn’t have enough things or stuff that started fights. So, we decided to invent a drink, that if consumed enough, would lead to outbreaks of violence. It also helped us punch above our weight against all comers. And still does.

We try now to drink it more moderately, but, you can still get tetchy.

Milk - who thought human milk isnt grim enough, lets pull on that cows tits and see what we can get out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.