Matt Smith - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosips

From the EDS to this...

Undeniably a better place for him, even if it is the 2nd tier of Dutch football. Twente have a fantastic supporter base, and they'll be expected to win. He'll learn shit loads more than he would in the crap apathetic Premier League 2 playing u23s football. He started too and played really well according to some twitter searches.

On for Wales, getting 30 mins total as they batter Ireland. Looks really, really comfortable too. Some intelligent passes, good interceptions. Looks at home. Chuffed for him.

Yeah he had a great little cameo for Wales tonight, he kept the game flowing nicely with good vision and passing range, he didn't look out of place at all, long may it continue.

I thought he looked totally like a City player when he came on.

Agreed. Very very classy. And people were very negative about his Dutch 2nd tier move - to me it isnt always about the level. Its about the expectation, the increased physicality, the big crowds etc. Can tell he looks totally at home in a 1st team environment now.

FC Twente technical director Ted van Leeuwen on City loanee & Wales international Matt Smith:

"Matthew is a gift... I called him a present from Manchester City to us. Matthew was 18 when he arrived, but he plays like a very mature player. His impact has been very, very big."
-------------------------------------------------------

Twente manager very complimentary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed a 4yr deal with us today.

Great news as,given his attributes,i think he stands a better chance than most of making it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.