Bernard Halford

There a post on Twitter asking blues who are going to wear the red and black scarves at Fulham on Saturday in memory

I remember during our 2012 title parade me and a mate shouted up to him when he was on the parade bus, then later on at a completely different point we did the same again. He must've thought we were stalking him as we didn't even bother letting on to any of the players or Mancini.

Was part of the furniture for sure and I must admit to not particularly taking a shine to him back in the day as I saw him as just another one of Swales' cronies, but he survived multiple regime changes which showed that people at the club other than Swales appreciated him.

I'm not sure where the Rags are going to get a full block of home end tickets from for their away derbies from now on though!
He was certainly durable - a survivor; and should be praised as such.

RIP

jeez i bet he has some stories to tell . Wish he’d written a warts n all book from the wigged ones time. But i suppose credit to him that those stories have gone to the grave with him.

From Swales to the sheik! Even had the tital for him
Not a bad title, but what about.. From Shredded wheat to Caviar ?

R I P.Only met him once came to our branch meeting. Had some top stories. Once a blue always a blue. Condolences to his family and friends.

Keep seeing lots of comments on social media about naming stands or other tributes after Bernard Halford (and Bert Trautmann) these days. As a historian I totally support remembering those that develop the club/hold a unique place but I’d prefer to do something bigger for MCFC legends/significant figures. I’ve suggested my idea before but it’s a rather simple, cheap but important proposal: we develop a Hollywood Boulevard style series of paving stones around the stadium. We can have hundreds of these over time if we want. The idea would be that we recognise all HOF inductees plus legendary figures who have made a serious contribution to the history of the club. Ceremonies could be held every few months and every major figure from Walter Chew/Lawrence Furniss/Joshua Parlby/Meredith to Kompany, Agueroooo, Silva etc. gets recognised. It’s a simple, achievable idea and ends the debate about who is most deserving of a stand etc. All Legends can be remembered this way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.