Metro ticket inspectors

denislawsbackheel

Team supported
We went to Rotherham…
What’s The point?

Twice in a week I have seen them challenge a passenger with no ticket.

First time a bloke got off laughing at them and left the station unchallenged.

Today a woman just started screeching at the ticket inspector when he told her to get off, claiming she was only going two stops.
After a five minute standoff of her screeching and them telling her to get off and the driver announcing that the tram was going nowhere until the passenger concerned got off they gave up and the tram set off with her still on.
Next stop she got off and went on her way.

As well being a waste of time if these inspectors have no teeth, it’s a waste of money paying their wages.

If it’s true that hundreds are not paying we need plod on the trams, not toothless inspectors.

What’s The point?

Twice in a week I have seen them challenge a passenger with no ticket.

First time a bloke got off laughing at them and left the station unchallenged.

Today a woman just started screeching at the ticket inspector when he told her to get off, claiming she was only going two stops.
After a five minute standoff of her screeching and them telling her to get off and the driver announcing that the tram was going nowhere until the passenger concerned got off they gave up and the tram set off with her still on.
Next stop she got off and went on her way.

As well being a waste of time if these inspectors have no teeth, it’s a waste of money paying their wages.

If it’s true that hundreds are not paying we need plod on the trams, not toothless inspectors.

My mate was a tram driver - they are not allowed to stop you.

So, an utter waste of time.

I fully sympathise with them.

Why should they risk getting knifed for fare dodging.

Get plod on, even card board plod.

System was set up badly from the start, every tram, should have had conductors, like in sheffield and other cities, not 5 hectors jumping on for 2 stops then getting off.

Instilled from the start that you can/have to buy a ticket on the tram if you didn't at the platform.

The whole system encouraged jibbing from the offset, now people just ignore the staff or get off as they get on and jib the next tram.

Last edited:
Not the crime of the century. Used to jump the match bus princess parkway after most games at Maine road.

Every one has, I have jibbed on buses, trains and trams in my time, some may why?

Mainly if I was skint atm or in a rush and no time to buy a ticket (tram or train)
Buses was more when a kid and we pilled on after school .

The factor was always no one to check.

Add the fact we are a very dishonest country when it comes to trying to not pay if we don't have to, if we can tail gate a tube barrier, train barrier or turnstile at the match, sneaked into a cinema, etc, I would say a large preportion of the population have done it

Every one has, I have jibbed on buses, trains and trams in my time, some may why?

Mainly if I was skint atm or in a rush and no time to buy a ticket (tram or train)
Buses was more when a kid and we pilled on after school .

The factor was always no one to check.

Add the fact we are a very dishonest country when it comes to trying to not pay if we don't have to, if we can tail gate a tube barrier, train barrier or turnstile at the match, sneaked into a cinema, etc, I would say a large preportion of the population have done it

Fucking hell on away days??? Don’t think we ever paid on the train. Or bought out of a service station. Not saying it’s right but it’s what happened

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.