QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph is a liability.
giphy.gif

Expected a shitshow when the team was announced and boy did we get it.
Spurs were there for the taking yet now they are in pole position to advance, If (as is quite likely) they get an away goal we are going to have to put in a monumental effort to advance. All so unnecessary. Pep may be a fantastic coach but he was amateurish tonight in his selection and his barbaric subs at 88 mins.
Delph is an abomination of a footballer. Mahrez is next to useless and so easy to defend against, add in his yellow streak and its some combination. Lloris who is a very average goalie was redundant for the most part. Eddy should not concede from there,maybe the injury played some part in that. Gundogan who I regularly criticise was one of our best players tonight. If Pep was trying to manage the squad it has backfired spectacularly.
Results may argue otherwise but we haven't been on it in a while.

Some of you posters don't get it. This was the perfect away performance. Defend. Don't open yourself. Let home team come at you which is what they did few twice and mistakenly gave goal away. Otherwise happy.

Secondly target is title. Forget champs league. Tough tough teams and competition.

Are you mad? That wasn’t anything close to being perfect.

I’m now worried at thought of being clarkied.

I don’t believe that Spuds shaded it. They had one chance and due to our poor defending they scored (although it was good finishing there was an element of luck too). Our penalty was poor and let’s be honest you can’t afford to miss penalties in the away leg of a quarter final. It felt like ever since we got the penalty they had every decision go for them.
Although we were pretty shit on the night I wasn’t impressed with Spuds and I think we can do them at home. Any chance of Zinch for the next leg?

If Bernie is fit would a starting from three of Sane - Sterling - Bernie get us playing the way we want to and cause the opposition more problems ? At the moment Aguero looks 50% fit and Jesus can't stay onside.

Jenas was bad enough but I’ve never heard a studio panel so blasé about rules being bent because it suits Spurs and they were only slightly bent and they didn’t mean it and it would be terrible to pull them up for that and you’d have to do it ten times every game, and and and....,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.