QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get an early goal in the 2nd leg spuds arse will be twitching.

Got it wrong tonight but still all to play for and we should have our big guns back.

Naturally disappointed tonight, down but not out. COME ON CITY

Kane has a habbit of looking at the defender then fouling the defender but going down to win the free kick. Injured himself with a late tackle on Delph.

Mahrez should never pull on a city shirt again unless it’s for the reserves. He’s stealing a wage here and laughing at us.
We offered fcuk all today, too slow going forward and no outlet in final third of the pitch. They know all they have to do is defend at Etihad. We can’t score at the moment. Not sure what’s going on. Why wait til 88 min to bring on Sane and KDB??
BT are worse than SKY for bias pundits. Awful.
Walker and Delph were comical again. It’s like they won a raffle to get to play in the first team. Gundogan was a passenger and slows us down too much. Merlin must be being asked to do something different because he was absent today.
I can’t see us stopping them scoring at ours. Even if we do score 2, they’ll get at least 1.

Lol

Pep Guardiola: “Sometimes 1-0 is better than 0-0 as you know exactly what you need to do. Of course in football you analyse the result and that’s not a good perspective for us. Maybe when I analyse the game I’ll change my mind but I feel we played well.”

Well if he thinks we played well than I'm amazed.

Played very similarly to how we did at Anfield, and up to their goal it was looking remarkably the same; a game of measured containment rather than the typical cut and thrust. With better penalties, we'd likely have won both times, but in these games, the margin for error is as small as the stakes are high. It's interesting that Guardiola always propounds the idea that we need to be honest in such games and play our football, yet I have a suspicion that the players know that that way is not 'their way' and that they would simply prefer to rev the throttle and go for it.

Strange decision to rest key players - we have 5 days until Palace to recover. I know he will have believed and trusted in that selection to get a result but the constant changing has to have an effect on rhythm.

1-0 down and people panicking because we didn't stick 5 in,,in reality 1-0 down at spurs with the return isn't bad at all, it could have been better but its not so lets get behind the side on Wed and do the doable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.