1894 Group: We need a big atmosphere next week v Spurs

Manchester33

Hi Everyone,

Obviously last nights result wasn't ideal, but the tie is far from over. We have everything to play for in the second leg and the team are going to need a huge atmosphere from all of us. We're going to encourage fans to get to the ground early and get behind the team from start to finish.

As you've probably seen previously, we've continued to organise singing sections for cup games and the Champions League. Every part of the stadium should be a singing section, but we're going to try and lead the singing and keep it constant throughout. We're only a small number of people who try and get this going, so any help is appreciated.

Whether you're a season ticket holder who's already bought a ticket, or if you were on the fence about going to the game, we have limited space left in our singing section which you can join/relocate to. If you want to get behind the lads and contribute, please click the link below and enter your details.

Thanks.

SINGING SECTION NOW SOLD OUT. THANKS

Please read:

- If you're in a group, please enter the form once for each person who wants to relocate.
- Tickets are in the South Stand level 1 (block 115).
- The tickets are in the lowest priced category.
- We have to work on a first come first served basis, we will contact you if there are issues with your entry.
- Once we have received your details we will pass them onto the club who will process them.

Thanks again to everyone who joined this. Please see the following instructions from the club:

• Anybody that has already purchased a ticket will have received an e-ticket with new seat details
  • Anybody that hasn’t already purchased can now log in online and process their reservation

Last edited:
Not aimed at you so much but I hope Allez, Allez, Allez, and a few other songs that only half of City fans know or sing along to are kept to a minimum. We need the songs that everyone knows if we're gonna create a good atmosphere stadium-wide (not just singing section or South Stand) and the reality is, a lot of older fans or fans in the North Stand/CB don't join in with a lot of the newer songs.

Not aimed at you so much but I hope Allez, Allez, Allez, and a few other songs that only half of City fans know or sing along to are kept to a minimum. We need the songs that everyone knows if we're gonna create a good atmosphere stadium-wide (not just singing section or South Stand) and the reality is, a lot of older fans or fans in the North Stand/CB don't join in with a lot of the newer songs.

Fair enough. We do try and sing a lot of the older songs as well as get new songs off the ground. We also post lyrics/videos to new songs on our social media. If anyone reading this wants to know words to songs etc give us a follow on twitter or take a look at our facebook page.

No disrespect to any of you but not everyone who attends the matches comes on Bluemoon or Facebook or Twitter so maybe get the words printed in the programme, although that isn't ideal either as not everyone buys the programme these days.

Personally, I try and listen to the words I can hear/make out and sing along as much as I can (apart from inserting my own words where the swear words are :-) with the words I make out) Keep up the good work. Just sing loudly and clearly and we hope everyone will join in!!

Last night the WHOLE of the ground were singing and the noise was incredible. I hope we're able to generate a similar noise next week.

Yeah their fans we're very good yesterday. It helps having one huge, single tiered stand. All the noise started there, in one voice, which made it easier for people in other areas of the ground to join in. I'm sure our fans will be loud, but we need to make sure it's orchestrated so songs can spread before they die out.

Yeah their fans we're very good yesterday. It helps having one huge, single tiered stand. All the noise started there, in one voice, which made it easier for people in other areas of the ground to join in. I'm sure our fans will be loud, but we need to make sure it's orchestrated so songs can spread before they die out.

Exactly. It's not rocket science - a huge single tiered end helps immensely in getting an atmosphere going rather than having 3 tiers like in the South Stand where sections of SS1 and SS3 are going for it but the noise doesn't always transfer, and SS2 which is mainly corporate not joining in much.

I don't think next week will be a major issue - the atmosphere last season at home to Liverpool was bouncing despite us being 3-0 down from the first leg, because it was a more localised crowd than your average CL game and it should be the same this time due to the restrictions they've put in place regarding the selling of tickets. The Liverpool fans only started to get on top of us once they scored in the second half and it was understandable that it tailed off a bit at that point, given we then needed 4 more goals to qualify. No other set of fans in this country would've done a better job than us at that point. People were wanking off in some quarters about Liverpool's atmosphere in the first leg but they were 3 fucking NIL up inside 30 minutes so it's hardly a big surprise. If they were 3-0 down you wouldn't have heard a pin drop in their end.

No disrespect to any of you but not everyone who attends the matches comes on Bluemoon or Facebook or Twitter so maybe get the words printed in the programme, although that isn't ideal either as not everyone buys the programme these days.

Personally, I try and listen to the words I can hear/make out and sing along as much as I can (apart from inserting my own words where the swear words are :-) with the words I make out) Keep up the good work. Just sing loudly and clearly and we hope everyone will join in!!

That's true, but in the modern world social media is by far the most effective way to spread information/songs/events etc. I'm not sure if there is a cost associated to going in the programmes, but any financials and the constraints of deadlines make it quite unrealistic for any of our core members to commit to sending off lyrics to be published.

We've tried tons of methods in the past:

Website with songs,
forum with songs,
posting songs on social media,
going on podcasts about songs,
getting them going on coaches to away games,
singing them on concourses to get people more familiar with them,
Recording songs (in a professional recording studio) so the club can play them over the PA system (rather than the crap pop music that seems to get aired).

We even created an app which had the songs and lyrics a few years ago :')

I suppose we could hand out song sheets like they do at Old Trafford!

Exactly. It's not rocket science - a huge single tiered end helps immensely in getting an atmosphere going rather than having 3 tiers like in the South Stand where sections of SS1 and SS3 are going for it but the noise doesn't always transfer, and SS2 which is mainly corporate not joining in much.

I don't think next week will be a major issue - the atmosphere last season at home to Liverpool was bouncing despite us being 3-0 down from the first leg, because it was a more localised crowd than your average CL game and it should be the same this time due to the restrictions they've put in place regarding the selling of tickets. The Liverpool fans only started to get on top of us once they scored in the second half and it was understandable that it tailed off a bit at that point, given we then needed 4 more goals to qualify. No other set of fans in this country would've done a better job than us at that point. People were wanking off in some quarters about Liverpool's atmosphere in the first leg but they were 3 fucking NIL up inside 30 minutes so it's hardly a big surprise. If they were 3-0 down you wouldn't have heard a pin drop in their end.

That's bang on mate. Atmosphere was very good at Anfield last year, but I'd expect nothing less. It was silent in the league this season. The atmosphere is heavily reliant on the game itself. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't try and keep some consistent noise going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.