Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the regularity that teams park the bus - particularly at the Etihad- I’d be tempted if Ota does leave to sign a young pacy CB and go three at the back. Teams rarely - play more than one up top against us so an extra body in midfield could be more valuable and a better way of mulling the threat of a counter attack. De Jong was probably a miss for us - him, Stones and Laporte as a three would have seen us done for 5 to 7 years ! Oh well.

What's the latest on this?

Alderwiereld is available for £25m this summer, if Otamendi actually wants to leave to be first choice somewhere we could feasibly replace him for no transfer cost.

He's had some good battling performances recently so it'd be a bit of a shame to see him go, although I'd still consider Alderweireld better.
Are you supposing Alderwiereld would be cool with being a backup?

I'm not so sure.

I'm not so sure.

It would depend on what his ambitions are. I get the feeling he wants a pay rise and thinks he can get more at a different club. I'm not sure how much he's getting now and how much he think he deserves. So I'm not sure what we'd offer him now that we have a pay structure. The Rags would probably offer him more. He could also be wanting to win more silverware and not sure that he can get it at Spurs. By the way Otamendi gets lots of playing time for a supposed back up. We're constantly in more comps then any other club.

Too aggressive, and with VAR coming to PL he might get a lot of cards.

I hope Madrid offer 50m for him.

Think we may get another year out of the Ota. Good player but at some point we will have to put some money down on a young talent to rival Stones and Laporte.

I'm not so sure.

It would depend on what his ambitions are. I get the feeling he wants a pay rise and thinks he can get more at a different club. I'm not sure how much he's getting now and how much he think he deserves. So I'm not sure what we'd offer him now that we have a pay structure. The Rags would probably offer him more. He could also be wanting to win more silverware and not sure that he can get it at Spurs. By the way Otamendi gets lots of playing time for a supposed back up. We're constantly in more comps then any other club.

I feel like Alderweireld would back himself to get ahead of Stones. Whether he would or not in practice is another matter, but I think he'd feel he could do it and Pep picks based on form. Plus Otamendi will start 35 games this season anyway, not really back up numbers.

Spurs pay him 70k/week, we'd probably offer over 2x that and as close to a guarantee of trophies as you can get, plus the best manager on the planet, plus a bunch of current/former teammates in VK, KDB, Walker.

Alderweireld is too old for us now (30) would have no sell on value. I think we would be looking at younger players

Reactions: nmc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.