whats wrong with us????

Indaparkside

Now you walk in a pub see someone in a city top you’ve never seen Before and let on?? You see a blue in trouble you’d help out?? You sing, shout, cry, with strangers in a stadium,on a train ,or in a public house etc!! Kiss and hug big ugly beer smelling fellas.You spend £1,000’s of pounds a year watching your team.
Hitch from one side of the country to the other for 90 minutes of football. Feel Unwell for days when you lose?? Can hate another person for following some other team. Think of nothing else for days before a game?? And then finally when it’s all over get buried in the club colours or cremated and scattered around the stadium.
Why are we so obsessed with football.

Yes, you're right. I'll watch a news article about kids starving in Africa, or people slaughtered in one of the endless civil wars around the Globe ... and of course I feel sad/bad ...

... but if I'm being really honest, the gut-wrenching despair and anger in my life is more likely to consume me if I think Salah was clearly offside in the build-up to Liverpool's winner.

Sometimes I catch myself and ask myself what I've become?

It really is a sight to behold. I suppose I liked football before witnessing Hoddle in action, but it was him that really took my love for the game to the next level.
I feel I understand the game so much better after taking in his analysis.

He’s a treasure that should really be locked away for protection.

It’s the expert, unbiased commentary from Hoddle that does it for me. Football is secondary, really.

If you’d been the one who’d spotted Hoddle in the grips of cardiac arrest - we’d of all helped and raised the alarm but just for a second you’d have all thought twice. He’s a horrible human being.

Humans are a social animal and so we tended to form groups or tribes in early man, as we have evolved and society has changed so has our type of tribes with sport being a area where they are easily formed.

Tribalism has a very adaptive effect in human evolution.
Tribalism and social bonding help to keep individuals committed to the group, even when personal relations may fray, hence why we can call each other ****s on here and then get along the next thread topic.

It also leads to bullying when a tribal member is unwilling to conform to the politics of the collective, hence why the match day thread or any slag a player off thread gets arguementative as the tribe rounds on those not agreeing with the collective.

We are basically hard wired to love something as a collective and City is ours

Last edited:
If you’d been the one who’d spotted Hoddle in the grips of cardiac arrest - we’d of all helped and raised the alarm but just for a second you’d have all thought twice. He’s a horrible human being.
But his grasp of the complexities of modern football is astonishing and the reason most fans are obsessed, that is unassailable fact! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.