Man city v man united U18

I will think about that one on Palmer. Last time I saw him play I think he was pushed into playing as striker ( as Knight was today) which clearly isn't his role in the old fashioned sense of a centre forward. He's very slightly built ( as Knight is but a bit taller) great balance and close control and usually a great first touch. Yet another one to watch.

Taylor Bellis Harwood I thought was good today but his fellow center back had a bit of a mare as he gave the ball away far too often in very dangerous situations at times.
Palmer reminded me a little bit of Ozil the last time I saw him. I think it was against the dippers U18, when Hodge was absolutely unbelievable

I will think about that one on Palmer. Last time I saw him play I think he was pushed into playing as striker ( as Knight was today) which clearly isn't his role in the old fashioned sense of a centre forward. He's very slightly built ( as Knight is but a bit taller) great balance and close control and usually a great first touch. Yet another one to watch.

Taylor Bellis Harwood I thought was good today but his fellow center back had a bit of a mare as he gave the ball away far too often in very dangerous situations at times.
Did that Shola Shoretire lad get on for them Doug?
He’s very highly rated but they’re well known for calling their geese swans.

One question , why aren't games like this not played in the mini stadium ? Are we really that bad at stewarding now that games like this are played behind closed doors !

Didnt go to the game but going off twitter & reports on here sounds like we steamrollered them even with 10 men. I sometimes go on redcafe for these mini derby games to see what there take on the game is. Now I'm not very computer literate so I could have not clicked in the right place but their comments seem to finish with the scores at 1-1. There were still 2 more goals to go & the match was still not over. Could it be that they were so embarrassed at seeing there team bossed by 10 men for an hour they could not bring themselves to comment on the match anymore?

From the highlights on the website, it appears the push for the penalty was inside the area, not outside as suggested above. Looks like a classic example of feeling a slight touch in the back, stopping the feet, and flopping forward - not a lot in it really, but inside before he was heading nowhere. "Professional".

No indication of what the red card was for.

One question , why aren't games like this not played in the mini stadium ? Are we really that bad at stewarding now that games like this are played behind closed doors !
I think it was originally set to be in the stadium but was changed when the women's semi final got scheduled for there tomorrow.

I can't see why we couldnt have 2 games in 2 days especially as the stwearding required for an 18's game wouldnt be too significant. But I think yes we really are that bad.

From the highlights on the website, it appears the push for the penalty was inside the area, not outside as suggested above. Looks like a classic example of feeling a slight touch in the back, stopping the feet, and flopping forward - not a lot in it really, but inside before he was heading nowhere. "Professional".

No indication of what the red card was for.
Yes definitely inside for the diving full back.

Didnt go to the game but going off twitter & reports on here sounds like we steamrollered them even with 10 men. I sometimes go on redcafe for these mini derby games to see what there take on the game is. Now I'm not very computer literate so I could have not clicked in the right place but their comments seem to finish with the scores at 1-1. There were still 2 more goals to go & the match was still not over. Could it be that they were so embarrassed at seeing there team bossed by 10 men for an hour they could not bring themselves to comment on the match anymore?

not sure we bossed it as they probably had more possession after the 10 men but I felt we created the better chances. And they should be embarrassed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.