Spurs - CL 2nd Leg - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that the players should need much motivation but getting through on Wednesday would definitely be a shot in the arm going into the next two games imo

It's like noone's bothered about this game when it's everything a 51yr man dreamed of. Let's do it for us old timers! I never thought I'd put myself in that bracket!

What a week coming up. Spurs on Wednesday and Spurs on Saturday. Only to wins otherwise PL gone and CL gone within 3 days. Pressure is on.

Pep needs to think carefully and not put up a starting line up where he has to correct his own mistakes soon after. Can see Tottenham going with 3 defenders like they started Liverpool away.

They will play on the break if they are clever they start both Son and Moura. Their pace can really cause problems for us.

Not sure they can fit both Eriksen, Alli in the line up I think they need two defensive guys in midifled like they had both Sissoko-Winks last game. Against Pool it was just Sissoko-Eriksen but they had 3 man defence.Now with Kane out mayybe they will go with a more mobile and quicker Moura-Alli-Son trio and Sissoko-Winks-Eriksen trio in middle. Especially as Walker/Mendy likes to join the midfield inside when have the ball. They need to avoid us being in 3 v 2 or 4 vs 3 in small spaces in the middle building up attacks.

Having Bernardo for this is great as he can come deep and be a natural there just as going out wide, when he comes inside Walker or KDB should push a bit outside and turn their players around a bit.

We just need not to miss big chances Kun form is a bit shit he hardly had any shot today. We just cant let our head drop even if they find a goal. Something happens with our players in CL games, agreed with Gundogan when he said we are a bit more excited in a wrong way. If we start with a big boo for the CL song thats imo will have a bad effect.

The fact Kane is out is a bonus, but I feel people are writing Spurs off to easily. I think they will score meaning we need to score at least three. To do that we need to take our chances and make them in the first place. That has not been happening quite as easily in the past few games. We will either have it won at half time or we will be in for a long night in my view.

Away goals in this competition are so often the key to success, we failed to get one and that could well cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.