2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

My understanding is that an effect is the result of an action after the event. An affect is the result of an ongoing or current action.
For example...."Mahrez is having no affect on this game at all"
" There goes the final whistle and Mahrez' participation had no effect whatsoever"

I could be wrong though, wouldn't be a first.
I tend to apply it on the basis of whether something is given or received (no sniggering at the back). Sometimes I bottle it, because I can’t be sure which one is correct. Sad, really!

My understanding is that an effect is the result of an action after the event. An affect is the result of an ongoing or current action.
For example...."Mahrez is having no affect on this game at all"
" There goes the final whistle and Mahrez' participation had no effect whatsoever"

I could be wrong though, wouldn't be a first.
Don't know about the grammar, but you are right about Mahrez.

Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change.

Who v. Whom: Use this he/him method to decide whether who or whom is correct: he = who him = whom. Examples: Who/Whom wrote the letter? He wrote the letter.

That's sorted.

Surely Pep is too professional to hold a grudge, and given the amount of games we play in a season there's plenty of opportunities for Leroy to play, no-one can play every game, it's all about the squad these days, players must know this. Plus, David Silva isn't getting any younger and Mahrez has so far been a disappointment - we always look far more dangerous with Leroy in the side! After Raheem he's probably our best attacker!

Would be absolute madness to let him go. Better to get rid of Mendy than Leroy if they really can't play at the same time, though I'm not sure why, good players should be able to adapt, especially under Pep. Hopefully all just bollocks from the papers. It'd be a serious downgrade in our standard if we lose him and play Mahrez more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.