Peterloo Massacre 200th anniversary 16th August

I go to the memorial every year at St Peters outside the g-mex.

The main campaign website with all info on events

http://www.peterloomassacre.org/campaign.html

Maxine peake John Henshaw and Christopher Ecclestone show up mostly and do readings and the Poem.

The campaign are pushing for a permament memorial, and have funded one which I think is being unvieled this aniversary the council have dragged their feet though over it.

There's a permanent memorial being built outside Manchester Central as we speak.

There's a permanent memorial being built outside Manchester Central as we speak.

Yeah I know, mentioned it above or on page one, it has took long enough though, remember the council were accused of dragging their feet for years

Last edited:
Yeah I know, mentioned it above or on page one, it has took lomg enough though, remember the cpuncil were accused of dragging their feet for years
"Manchester Central", just round the corner from the Free Trade Hall.

It should be part of the school curriculum. The events on that day play more of a point in life than knowing all the kings and queens.
Disgraceful if it's been removed, the Corn Laws and their impact on ordinary people - which led directly to Peterloo - were a key part of 19th C history when I did O-level back in 1970.

Disgraceful if it's been removed, the Corn Laws and their impact on ordinary people - which led directly to Peterloo - were a key part of 19th C history when I did O-level back in 1970.
It was Kings and Queens and WW1 for my GCSE's

Did they alter the plans? There was a bit of a stink a few months back when the plan was revealed as it excluded wheel chair users

designmapmodern.jpg

deller1.jpg

deller7.jpg

deller4.jpg

Memorial plans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.