Declan Rice

Surely we know that we would beat England so this is correct. I mean would Henderson, Dier, etc get in our team. Wouldn't even make the bench for us.
You must be a young un! There were days when we couldn’t get our best players in an international squad, let alone on the field!!

Thought he played well today against United. Seemed composed and made some good tackles and interceptions. One thing I noticed was that he was bossing his player's and organising. I thought he was more influential than Pogba who got MOTM

Thought he played well today against United. Seemed composed and made some good tackles and interceptions. One thing I noticed was that he was bossing his player's and organising. I thought he was more influential than Pogba who got MOTM

Rice didn’t get two goals ! Which was McPointys justification for the decision.... YCMIU.

Haven’t seen enough of Rice yet to attempt to assess whether he could develop into a City player. Looking forward to seeing how he goes up against the likes Ali and Eriksen this afternoon.

This guy should be at the top of our shopping list.
Massively impressed whenever I see him.
Pep would turn him into the new Busquets.

I think he's not good enough as a playmaker, hope United get him for absurd money. Wouldn't mind him as a centerback though.

I think he's not good enough as a playmaker, hope United get him for absurd money. Wouldn't mind him as a centerback though.
Don't think we could justify spending that fee on a young centre back with Stones, Laporte and Garcia all in the squad. If we able were to do so De Ligt should be the no1 target.

Rice definitely doesn't have the raw footballing ability and intelligence to play midfield for us, he's well behind Stones, Danilo and Ota in that regard and while we function with one of the above in midfield and it's a good way to close out a tight game, we lose an awful lot when trying to develop attacks.

I do have reservations about the quality of Rice when in possession and if he joined City he’d be in possession a lot more than he is at West Ham. I’m sure Pep could help develop him in this role, but it seems he does a solid job in a team that is asked to defend a lot where he can put himself about, break up play and keep it exceptionally simple. In this City side more would be expected, he can keep things simple but it still needs to be done intelligently. Unfortunately I compare all defensive midfielders with Fernandinho and that really isn’t a fair comparison in this case.

Happy to admit I was wrong about Rice. I thought he was well overrated and a bit of a donkey. However, he's looked great for most of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.