Game of Thrones (season 8)

@7evens Crypt foreshadowing...

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Helm’s Deep was filmed at night yet it was totally clear. I think the (intentionally) low lighting was greatly compounded by the near-zero visibility snowstorm that followed the walkers. I watched it at night on an older LCD but I’m going to re-watch on my backlit 4k LED with the picture set on gaming mode rather than movie mode and see how that fares.

I watched it early Monday morning, then again Monday evening, with the TV brightness settings on full, which helped.

Overall an epic episode but it was sometimes difficult to distinguish what was happening in some scenes, with the swirling snow, darkness etc. - like when the dragons were fighting. I'd give it a solid 8.5/10.

Looking forward to watching the remainder of the season, but already beginning to feel sad the series is coming to an end.

720p? I'll probably be dead by the time it's done anyway.
Is it the 2.3GB torrent? That's the one that I watched and it's not amazing quality. Watch it in a dark room and it'll be watchable though. I'm currently downloading the 1080p 5GB file, which might be better.

ETA: Just downloaded it and there's not a massive difference. I think both are probably better than the streams most people were watching. HBO apparently have one of the worse bandwidths and everyone was watching at the same time.

Last edited:
Why do people crave the death of characters? Why would it be more enjoyable?
I think it's more that it's slightly unrealistic given the amount of time they spent in completely hopeless situations that they all survived. But yeah, in previous seasons deaths were shocking but they were always the result of a poor decision the characters made, so it never felt gratuitously shocking for the sake of it.

I think it's more that it's slightly unrealistic given the amount of time they spent in completely hopeless situations that they all survived. But yeah, in previous seasons deaths were shocking but they were always the result of a poor decision the characters made, so it never felt gratuitously shocking for the sake of it.
That's fair comment as 'in reality' more,if not all....would have perished.However,having them survive does allow for character involvement in the climax most weren't initially expecting.Ep 3 was almost a red herring in terms of the show closure.

One question

Will the land of eternal winter return to the sunnier green and pleasant land seen in the craation of the NK flashback ?

If so that is a shitload of land and fuck knows what beyond, for all we know their could still be CotF living even beyond there up north.

I say fuck cersei leave down south waiting on an attack.
See out the winter, which will probably subside now the dead are done in and start a new kingdom in a larger north.

People complaining about lighting lol. The whole point of it was to feel like you was there scared dark having some horde attack you, it was the long night not the long day. Your own fault for buying shit black Friday tvs
Yeah I thought it was deliberate, night battles are meant to be confusing and disorienting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.