Dubrovnik

willipp

Wifes 40th this summer and planning a weekend away in August. Been to a lot of the more popular places in europe and looking for somewhere a bit different. Dubrovnik looks amazing, just wondering if anyone has been and would they recommend it?

It's good, but don't go there expecting it to not be a popular place. There are times you can barely move in the old town for tourists.

Wifes 40th this summer and planning a weekend away in August. Been to a lot of the more popular places in europe and looking for somewhere a bit different. Dubrovnik looks amazing, just wondering if anyone has been and would they recommend it?
We had a long weekend in Dubrovnik.
Rented an apartment in a house.
Lovely place but food/drink more that we expected. Visit early/late in the day before the cruise ship hordes ransack the place.
There’s a great peninsula near the new docks and a fantastic bar overlooking the sea, part of a hotel

Went a couple of years ago and stayed in a place called Cavtat, just down the coast.

It's a really nice town in itself and was a lot more relaxed than Dubrovnik. Boat into the old town took about 25 mins each way.

Went a couple of years ago and stayed in a place called Cavtat, just down the coast.

It's a really nice town in itself and was a lot more relaxed than Dubrovnik. Boat into the old town took about 25 mins each way.
Think if it's for longer Cavtat is a perfect base love just sitting around the harbour watching people and the yachts, but just for a weekend maybe better to stay in Dubrovnik.

Stayed in Cavtat in 2015, beautiful place and away from the tourist hustle and bustle of Dubrovnik. Easy enough to get the boat over though in the morning or for an evening meal. Some of the best food I've ever eaten was in the little restaurants nearby to Cavtat harbour.

Only issue we had in Cavtat was I booked a hotel run by a French company, the demographic was about 90% French, 8% Russian, 2% British. The French are dirty pigs to live amongst and rude as fuck.

Cheap boat tours to islands nearby like Lopud, Sipan and Kolocep, food included.

Overrated.

Go to Omis, Sibenik or Split.

I've seen Split get a bad reputation online, but I like it. Short boat ride over to Bol as well, which is paradise. Apparently Makarska is good as well nearby, but yet to go there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.