Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why football is fucked!! Sterling could win the trebble has been a great ambassador for our club, country and football in general dealing with racism and personal issues one being attacked on the way into training ?? Yet dick van dyke wins player of the year and the bin dipping candle lighting fuckers could end up winning nothing. MADNESS
Sterling gets a free bottle of Brasso every year according to his contract. Van Der Valk gets a bottle of Nivea.

Last edited:
A lot of respect to Klopp, from his reactions to Messi's goals to his congratulations on the pitch with Barcelona player & post match commentary. Sometimes he has a tendency to articulate mitigating factors or excuses if you will but he largely credited his team as well as the opposition

I think Klopp was the problem last night. Gomez at right back and Wijnaldum up top? This is why he's known as the nearly man and long may it continue.
He bottled it. They badly missed TAA last night going forward. Looked like they had picked a side to go 3-5-2 and if they'd dropped Milner for TAA that may well have worked. Going that weird 4-4-2 with no real wide player on the right (Milner played more on the left) and no creativity in midfield left Salah and Mané having to deliver as orthodox strikers, which they're not and having no natural fullback on the right along with no wide threat left Coutinho and Alba with acres of space to break forward into.
All that just to double up on Messi and even on a quiet night for the great one it didn't do any good.

They could be a bit leg weary from last night's efforts which I think increases Newcastle's chances of getting something slightly but Liverpool have been relentless in the league for weeks and haven't dropped any points since they played Everton away. I've been saying for weeks that we'll need to win all our remaining games to clinch the title and I still stand by that.

I know people are saying Liverpool have bottled it by relinquishing a 7 point lead (10 when we had a game in hand over the festive period), but it's only because we've won 12 in a row since the Newcastle defeat that it looks like more of a bottle job. In reality they've lost a tight game at ours, and drawn 4 other games against Leicester, West Ham, United, and Everton - all tricky looking games. The one game I would pinpoint as being the eipitome of a bottle job was when they had a glorious opportunity to increase that lead back to 7 points after Newcastle beat us when playing Leicester at home the following night, and blew it.

If Liverpool don't win it, it's far less of an implosion than Newcastle's in 1996 and United's in 2012
The Dippers have been in an excellent run of form, but Newcastle will not be easy and hopefully the Scousers will be fatigued and the Barcodes have a slight chance to get a point.

The game where Liverpool messed up for me was against the Rags away, where Utd were there for the taking, but Klopp was too cautious and did not go all out for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.