Yaya Toure Retires - City Legend and one of the Best ever

So he played 4 games for Olympiacos in the Greek league after his City career came to an end, and then retired?

Great servant but we really kept him for far too long.

How lucky are we that we got him for his best days? Yaya used to frustrate me with his sluggishness and he wouldn't ever track back, never got off the floor when he went down and his attitude off the pitch was very questionable, but I'd take that tenfold for what he showed on the pitch when he turned it on. One of the most complete midfielders ever. better than Lampard and Gerrard. I'll always think of that run against Villa and his goal in the 2011 cup semi & final, but we've got so much out of him. his goal after his exile against Palace away, his freekick against Newcastle.. could go on!

Madness to think we signed him with the view of him being a deep/holding mid!

"oh Yaya Toure I think we should pay him some more!"

I’d prefer to remember the good times (of which there were many) than the bad, which were mainly orchestrated by his toe rag of an agent.

An absolute legend on the pitch. One of the most important figures in the history of the club.

The catalyst to many of our trophy's cannot be ignored despite his nob of an agent and occasional strange behaviour.
Will always be remembered as a big member of the team that broke the shackles - Vinny's speech should tell you in what high regard the players hold him in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.