City enter partnership with Sporting CP (Lisbon)

Looks weird to me that Sporting has agreed to this. Sounds like they will hand all their biggest talents to us, and we give them fringe players/players that are not good enough for us
The reality is that although we might have first dibs, we'll still have to pay the going rate for the occasions we want one of their players (which won't be that often).

We'll send them some of our best prospects, including those needing a work permit.

They'll also get access to some of our commercial contacts and scouting network.

Seems like a good deal for both of us, only downside is it might annoy Bernardo a little bit.

Sounds excellent, if true.

However I'll wait until there's an official announcement before I get ahead of myself.

Looks weird to me that Sporting has agreed to this. Sounds like they will hand all their biggest talents to us, and we give them fringe players/players that are not good enough for us

Portuguese clubs have long been in the game of bringing over decent South Americans getting them accustomed to European football and making a killing moving them on. This just strengthens there hand as they have the link straight in with a top side so the quality of players they can bring in goes up.

I don't see a downside to this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.