City enter partnership with Sporting CP (Lisbon)

Great news, Sporting are my adopted team over here as they are the City of Portugal as everyone is basically Benfica- My lad went up for trials with Sporting at Alcochete a couple of seasons ago when he was 10 but his size was a bit of an issue at the time and he can't kick a ball as well ;-) Have just told him the news of the collaboration and he is going redouble his efforts to get picked up by the scouts again as a backdoor to City - God bless...

Just realised this is my 1000th post on BM and yes they've all been shit before you jump in - 71 posts a year surely that's the lowest average on here

This could also be a back door to bringing in Brazilian talent too. To be honest here all I am going off is numerous trips on holiday to Portugal I have come across many Brazilians working there seemingly as a matter of rite of passage. Don’t we have a big Brazilian prospect on loan somewhere that couldn’t get a work permit?

Great news, Sporting are my adopted team over here as they are the City of Portugal as everyone is basically Benfica- My lad went up for trials with Sporting at Alcochete a couple of seasons ago when he was 10 but his size was a bit of an issue at the time and he can't kick a ball as well ;-) Have just told him the news of the collaboration and he is going redouble his efforts to get picked up by the scouts again as a backdoor to City - God bless...

Just realised this is my 1000th post on BM and yes they've all been shit before you jump in - 71 posts a year surely that's the lowest average on here

I have family who live in portugal, great country and will be living over their ourselves one day (me and mrs bluemoon) for retirement

Bit strange the City journalists have denied all connections to Bruno Fernandes but we’ve entered a partnership with them. Anyone reckon it’s still on?

Only seen compilation videos and I’ve been fooled before, but 48 G&A in 1 season is mental and we could use someone to help out in midfield, especially from range. Even more so if Bernardo’s starting more games from the wing.

We were always going to look for something in Portugal after the Boavista venture failed, pleasantly surprised we got Sporting but also slightly upset that it closes the door on a future partnership with Porto.

The reality is that although we might have first dibs, we'll still have to pay the going rate for the occasions we want one of their players (which won't be that often).

We'll send them some of our best prospects, including those needing a work permit.

They'll also get access to some of our commercial contacts and scouting network.

Seems like a good deal for both of us, only downside is it might annoy Bernardo a little bit.
The work permit bit is the strategic part of this. Work permits are basically guaranteed in Portugal for South American nationals and nationals of their ex colonies in Africa, plus it's a high enough ranking league to help with the process in England if they're playing regularly there.

We were always going to look for something in Portugal after the Boavista venture failed, pleasantly surprised we got Sporting but also slightly upset that it closes the door on a future partnership with Porto.
A true shame that we may miss out on the next Mangala and Fernando

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.