UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is going to happen. The last wo paragraphs say it all. If PSG get away with no fines and bans so will we.
863f6313d20649d5fc9689142ec6bdbf.jpg
The real difference about PSG case is that they pursue PSG over the inflated deals. PSG had to go to CAS to win on a technicality. And even then, PSG had to sell for 145 M€ of players to comply. It is not a sanction in name but it is effectively a sanction.

They attack City over another angle, which is the truthful reporting of financial affairs. PSG has no problem in that sense (so far) because they were pretty transparent and straightforward with those big inflated sponsorships like QTA.

Also, the Nasser tidbit : they should remind how and by whom he got elected. It is not UEFA electing him but ECA members (the CEO of the european clubs). He wouldn't have got the position if Gazidis had not left for Milan AC and i suspect that the overt support of PSG on the new Champions League helped.

That's almost word for word exactly how I see it playing out. For the sake of argument, let's say City did cheat the system; there's no evidence that actually proves it. Certainly not in those emails anyway.
If you read the NY Times article, which I am sure you have, it's interesting that they say the focus of the UEFA investigation has shifted from financial 'irregularity' to misleading information. I think that was the only thing significant in the article.

I doubt whether City have communicated or assisted UEFA's investigation, preferring to keep our powder dry.

How can financial fair play claim to have the welfare of a football club at the forefront of it's campaign when teams like Bolton are on the rails?

The pretence is laughable. The only reason F.F.P. was brought in was to prevent M.C.F.C from achieving European dominance.

And on that note we really need to do better in the CL - it's the one area where we consistently under-achieve and, quite honestly, I really really want us to win it!!

That's almost word for word exactly how I see it playing out. For the sake of argument, let's say City did cheat the system; there's no evidence that actually proves it. Certainly not in those emails anyway.
The question is would City contest it? which is what the leak is probably about, This could be seen as just a little hick up? for our owners it certainly is.
It is also opportunity to find and isolate our attackers

Let me get my head around this...

Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the CEO/Owner of PSG and also BeIn Sports (one of the champions league's main TV deals) is on the board of UEFA. A company who have a champions league competition that shows games on BeIn Sports, which has PSG in it?

Am I missing something here?

Next you'll be telling me some of the other board members are an ex Utd chief executive, and the current chairman of Juventus.

Suuuuuuuurely impartiality is at the utmost of their moral and ethical standards and obligations.

It's a fucking farce. Old ****s clinging on to any semblance to the "..way it was...".

If you read the NY Times article, which I am sure you have, it's interesting that they say the focus of the UEFA investigation has shifted from financial 'irregularity' to misleading information. I think that was the only thing significant in the article.

I doubt whether City have communicated or assisted UEFA's investigation, preferring to keep our powder dry.

And ultimately that misleading information made no difference. We failed to hit the numbers required (as rules were changed), and the information given confirmed that. There would be a case if it impacted whether sanctions were imposed.

UEFA will be opening a huge can of worms if they pursue this. City will throw that late rule change in their face and I am sure the CAS will throw their case out. If not the High Court would for a lack of fair warning.

I am sure UEFA know this and it is purely a front to be seen to be looking into things. They must know City took the hit and didn't fight the sanctions to maintain a relationship. We will fuck them over if they look to do us again.

Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the CEO/Owner of PSG and also BeIn Sports (one of the champions league's main TV deals) is on the board of UEFA. A company who have a champions league competition that shows games on BeIn Sports, which has PSG in it?

Next you'll be telling me some of the other board members are an ex Utd chief executive, and the current chairman of Juventus.

Suuuuuuuurely impartiality is at the utmost of their moral and ethical standards and obligations.

It's a fucking farce. Old ****s clinging on to any semblance to the "..way it was...".
Yes, and don't forget that the same PSG were part of the old G14 cartel (or whatever it was) anyway, nothing dodgy going on here.

I know some of you think UEFA is somehow helping PSG but look at the facts : PSG is constantly under threat with FFP, PSG got a crook referee against Barcelona two years ago (even if they played like crap, they should not have been out), PSG got rightly eliminated by Real but in the first leg Ramos did a clear handball and Real equalized on an offside penalty, PSG got a last minute VAR intervention to give MU a penalty for handball.

I really don't see how you can think PSG is getting some kind of preferential treatment whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.