UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In football business terms this is a war. It seems a lot of posturing has been done but we seem to be approaching the end game. The gloves are coming off but like most wars, no one will come out unscathed. I think they’ll back down.

I may be being a little naive here but how can stolen (hacked) evidence be admissible?

Martin Samuel has done an article - sorry cant copy and paste it all. It is not done to defend City, it is basically saying we will not be at the top forever but what is pertinent to FFP is the first few paragraphs .....

Nothing can last for ever — not even City's stranglehold

By the time Europe's richest clubs had finished fashioning financial fair play into a protectionist's charter, Manchester United, it seemed, were golden. Nothing would challenge their elite status. They had neutered the power of new money; they had insured themselves against the day Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down.

David Gill's many years of politicking in football's highest offices had been worth every meeting. Manchester United had football where they wanted it.

And then Ferguson left and the entire edifice crumbled. If Arsenal win the Europa League, United will be the only member of the Premier League's elite six not in the Champions League next season. They did not qualify in 2014-15 or 2016-17 either. Since losing the Champions League final in 2011, the deepest they have gone into the competition is two quarter-final appearances, five years apart.

He is basicaly saying what we already know, the Rags (and other top clubs) looked to stich it all up in their favour and to exclude all others. Samuels comments about Gill are bang on the money.

Can they afford to go to court after this now? It seems to me someone has really fucked upp
I'm not to sure of the legal implications since they are not acting as a court, they are doing an official investigation all controlled by UEFA.

What City have said seems to imply they are willing to take this to court. It is significant because as a governing body, leaking details of an investigation in this way, seemingly to take attention of a title win days before doesn't look good to say the least. It makes them look unprofessional and compromised and they were compromised from the outset of FFP with the G14 pulling their strings but we can't prove that.

Last edited:
Khaldoon said he would rather spend 30 million on the 50 best lawyers in the world to sue them for the next 10 years

Now is the time.

1 day after winning the title these stories start.

You'd have to be a thick **** not to realise this has come from a rival, a scouse bitter **** of a rival down the road who haven't won the title for 30 years.

I'm not to sure of the legal implications since they are not acting as a court, they are doing an official investigation all controlled by UEFA.

What City have said seems to imply they are willing to take this to court, it is significant because as governing body, leaking details of an investigation in this way, seemingly to take attention of a title win days before doesn't look good to say the least. It makes them look unprofessional and compromised.
Yeh but the point is an investigation is ongoing, confidentiality seems to have been breached. Regardless of anything else that’s a huge fuck up

I'm glad we've gone on the attack. As a professional, I can assure people on this forum that breach of confidentiality in an investigation is an extremely serious matter undermining the integrity of any investigation where the breach has occurred. That is doubly the case where a) the breach is deliberate and b) the leak is to the press.

So much so, that City's lawyers must be all over this. UEFA's lawyers need to tell us a) who is leaking the material, b) what role they had on the investigation, c) why they are leaking the material, c) how they leaked the material d) what UEFA have done about the individual concerned and what steps they have taken to ensure the integrity of the investigation.

I think you missed a c)

UEFA, an organisation rife with corruption accusing someone else of wrong doing.

They're as unaware of their hypocrisy as Liverpool FC, who are probably neck deep in this witch hunt ... allegedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.