UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised nobody from Citys legal team haven't been on to Sky to tell their fucking expert we are not accused of "inflating sponsorships"
Also to tell them to remind everybody these allegations of "misleading investigators" if thats what it is - refer to events in 2012-13 and we have not spent more than we have earned for the last 4 years and even finished above Liverpool in the Net Spend Cup this year.

We are accused of inflating sponsorships though...

I think you’ve just clarkied yourself ;)
I don’t for one minute believe he’s a Newport or Leeds fan. Newport is wall to wall rag/scouse, maybe he “follows” Newport this season as they’ve been on the TV and have made the playoff final.
I think I have. Your 'erm' threw me!

How is it a strange quirk? Bein Sports is one of the largest sports broadcasters in the world, covering the MENA region, Australia and Canada and they paid for the rights.

Didn’t stop uefa trying to attack them again though and they would have been successful but for the intervention of the CAS.
Is it not weird, with how many answers you have given and how many links i have provided, people are still believing PSG is getting some kind of preferential treatment or even suggesting they are manipulating FFP in their favor and/or are using it to attack City ?

The link with the Jean-Claude Blanc (PSG administrative dirigeant, the one that spearhead all the FPF issues and meetings) interview is a testament that, everything City is experiencing now, have been used against PSG before and for a longer period : leaks to the press, smearing campaign, one year long investigation by investigation chamber with only 15 days left to comply, after compliance the case is sent to adjudicatory chamber anyways (showing the intent of punishing us was always there), adjudicatory chamber asking the investigation chamber to dig more if necessary to find a wrongdoing, and finally the CAS appeal.

And on the pitch, PSG has not been on the good side of things either, even if this shouldn't hide their obvious insufficiencies.

Best way to answer this : Win FA Cup in 2 days,go for atunnstu parade in Monday and sign players next week for big to tub salts to their injury while Khaldoon and Co take in UEFA behind the doors

Fantastic reply, exactly what I was hoping for, thank you. The bolded part in particular has shocked me, I had no idea that was the case. Perhaps I should have raised my questions differently, as it's clear that the likes of Liverpool, United, Barca etc aren't happy with the way City have come up. I had no idea that all the clubs could have so much influence on UEFA and how they work.

I completely understand your frustration as fans. As i said, I'm a county fan and would love for someone to come in and help my club be as good as it possible can be. For that to happen to your club for the whole world to turn against you must be frustrating and, frankly, insulting. I know a little of UEFA's previous issues with corruption so wouldn't be surprised to see this really blow up over the next 12 months or so.

Perhaps other big clubs should be looking to follow City's business model instead of trying to shut it down?

Influence comes in many ways - big clubs have more armchair viewers and thus keeping them happy is of interest if you want to exploit them (advertisers pay the broadcasters, advertisers want more viewers so broadcasters want more viewers; more viewers are aligned to the bigger clubs... a perfect circle.

It's a very different model - City and PSG owners aren't trying to make money out of it. There was a fairly justifiable concern (in their shoes) that 20 more foreign billionaires would rock up and there would be a load more rich clubs vying for the piece of cash pie; the FFP rules mutated from the original "debt avoidance" into "spend what you earn" - a self-reinforcing policy. City dived through as the FFP trapdoor was closing and it landed on the fingers causing some short term pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.