UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are accused of inflating sponsorships though...

I presumed paying part of a Etihads sponsorship deal on their behalf was not inflating anything as the amount was set during the initial contractual arrangement at the commencement of the deal in 2011. Are you suggesting the emails from 2015 that make out the "financial irregularity" allude to inflating this original amount?
Thats how I see it. I'm not an expert although i've thoroughly read the details, am I wrong?

I think the fair value rules only apply if it's a related party but I might be wrong
It always struck me as strange that the Etihad sponsorship was questioned as fair value or not. Some 12 months or so before Etihad and City announced the sponsorship deal Arsenal had announced a deal for a similar level of sponsorship to cover the Emirates package. Compare the situation, Emirates got a stadium named after them and their name on a shirt of a team who had little in the way of success for several years and no obvious signs for improvement. Etihad got the same plus a state of the art training facility, a good opportunity for further development and the chance to be associated with one of Europe's rising brands and a very successful football club with great management behind it.

I presumed paying part of a Etihads sponsorship deal on their behalf was not inflating anything as the amount was set during the initial contractual arrangement at the commencement of the deal in 2011. Are you suggesting the emails from 2015 that make out the "financial irregularity" allude to inflating this original amount?
Thats how I see it. I'm not an expert although i've thoroughly read the details, am I wrong?

If Etihad could only afford 6m and we were getting 60m from them than inflated is a fair word to use, whether we've got a case to answer about the origin of the other 54m or not.

I think the fair value rules only apply if it's a related party but I might be wrong

I don't think its ever been established in written fact apart from the appearance in the accounts as Not a "Related Party". The subsequent agreement where we took a pinch I think refers to the Etihad deal as unchanged or its not mentioned at all and we suspect therefore unchanged.

Hi,

Please don't ban me as this is my first post and I'm just interested to get some answers. I came on here this morning as obviously we've all seen the news and I wanted to gauge what the average City fans reaction is.

Now (here comes the part where I fear I'll be banned) it seems that looking at the club from the outside there's obvious "financial doping" going on. I can't see how City could have achieved this much success in such a short space of time without it.

So, I am just wondering where the thoughts that UEFA have an agenda against City are coming from? I understand the opinion that FFP caters to the established big teams and ensures that they remain that way, but aside from that, I can't see what other reason there is to be angry? Surely UEFA are investigating/bringing charges for a reason other than they just don't like City.

They wouldn't just be looking into the club for no reason either, right? There's no smoke without fire & all that?

Apologies for signing up just to ask a simple questions but I know no City fans personally and there's no chance of getting sense out of anyone on Twitter etc

Even breaking it down to the most simple terms, as I (the average, not massively invested football fan) see it, City agreed to play by certain rules and have essentially broken or attempted to break those rules. Is this correct?

Again, please don't ban me for this. I'm just a confused neutral with no idea what's going on!

Thanks

Be careful what you write @DAV771
Statements like that can get you into a lot of trouble.
Not only is it uneducated of you, it is borderline slander.
A bit of research and common sense, should have been applied to your first post.
You will not last very long on this forum as a WUM!

I'd like to, there's not many places to get an articulate discussion these days and the Newport County forums are terrible. The abuse that's already been thrown at me for coming in with a genuine question after admitting I don't have a thorough knowledge of the issue is a bit OTT though.

Perhaps I'd be better suited to sticking to threads that aren't about City and just football in general.

Thai is the problem with many supporters they dont want to do the research themelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.