The old 35 years song.

paulchapo

Remember this one?

"35 years and we're still here!" Sang in response to the rags taunting us about not winning anything for that amount of time. We need an updated version to give it back to the WWYWYWS mob and plastic accusations.

35 years we stayed here, no trophies and in the third tier, the rags had the trophies and banner too, we stayed loyal always true Blues.

You mock us now as plastics and fake, but 46 thousand to a play off final we did take.

Well its a start lol.

Remember this one?

"35 years and we're still here!" Sang in response to the rags taunting us about not winning anything for that amount of time. We need an updated version to give it back to the WWYWYWS mob and plastic accusations.

35 years we stayed here, no trophies and in the third tier, the rags had the trophies and banner too, we stayed loyal always true Blues.

You mock us now as plastics and fake, but 46 thousand to a play off final we did take.

Well its a start lol.

If that's a start - I'd stop :-)

I'm pretty sure that the song originally started as "25 years and we are still here" in 2001. I remember seeing graffiti as I walked down Claremont Road (I used to park up near Anson Road in those days).
25 YEARS sprayed in RED paint over brick walls and advertising hoardings etc. Presumably done by local Rags to remind City fans on the way to Maine Road that we hadn't won a major trophy since 1976.
Did the Rag fans start displaying the banner at OT around the same time?

I remember having a slash at Wembley in 2011, about half an hour after the game finished, and someone started singing "35 minutes and we're still here...".

I think you had to be there really.

Nope, same on the train back into town, heard - " hour and a half, and we're still here". Bit emotional too.

Remember this one?

Well its a start lol.
You have a day job, yeah? I'd think VERY carefully before giving it up, if I were you!

"TAXI!!!"

I'm pretty sure that the song originally started as "25 years and we are still here" in 2001. I remember seeing graffiti as I walked down Claremont Road (I used to park up near Anson Road in those days).
25 YEARS sprayed in RED paint over brick walls and advertising hoardings etc. Presumably done by local Rags to remind City fans on the way to Maine Road that we hadn't won a major trophy since 1976.
Did the Rag fans start displaying the banner at OT around the same time?

Even older. I remember singing "23 years" on way back from a night out in first year at uni in 1999 with a few blue mates. And I didn't invent it!

Hey I'd give McCartney a run for his money I'd have you lot know lol!

I think it did start before 35 years and unfortunately went up and up every year. If the Sheikh hadn't come in we'd probably be singing 43 years now.........shudder!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.