UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we will be banned, we will goto CAS and the ban will remain.
Following that I think the FA will investigate us with a potential fine and points deduction.

This will see us going to European trade laws before anything actually changes with regards to this whole sham that is FFP.

I also expect the CL to morph into some thing else before that issue is addressed and it being irrelevant by that time anyway.
Our reputation is already at a point where it can't really go any lower.

Fifa and Uefa have been proved many a time are a corrupt - fingers in many pies - organisation and I have a strong feeling we will be given the runaround until the whole European competition model changes.

This whole thing absolutely stinks but I think this is the tip of the iceberg which will ultimately see some huge changes in world football.

We aught to get together with some of the other clubs which have fell foul of FFP and have strength in numbers.

Following that I think the FA will investigate us with a potential fine and points deduction.

This will see us going to European trade laws before anything actually changes with regards to this whole sham that is FFP.

I also expect the CL to morph into some thing else before that issue is addressed and it being irrelevant by that time anyway.

Fifa and Uefa have been proved many a time are a corrupt - fingers in many pies - organisation and I have a strong feeling we will be given the runaround until the whole European competition model changes.

This whole thing absolutely stinks but I think this is the tip of the iceberg which will ultimately see some huge changes in world football.

We aught to get together with some of the other clubs which have fell foul of FFP and have strength in numbers.

Completely disagree – I don't think they will ban us, or if they try an appeal will overturn it... but I don't think the club will just settle for that, I think they will still bring legal action against a few organisations/people, to finish it once and for all.

Quite simply,,,,jealous bastards the lot of them ffs

agreed, and i'm already tired of it,
uefa controls enough without having the right to essentially run every football club in europe.
a MAN pays his money for a club and takes his chances. no one asked anybody to buy a club ever.
luckily in football terms, proportionately, very few teams fail.
either a business can stay afloat or it can't.
It's been that way since we've been enlightened,
coming out of the dark ages.

We have an owner who has invested in a community of a city in a foreign country and positively enhanced for the better pretty much every aspect in that area for youth to adults alike, with opportunities undreamed of before. not to mention the worldwide followers.
If a man has the personal resources to fund all of that and provide the joy that it does then it's his business and no one else.
furthermore his business should be heralded, and not tried to be torn down.
makes no sense.

Last edited:
Surely we can throw out FFP if we go to court? We will have lots of arguments regarding how previous clubs operated and how can it be a bad thing if an owner want to invest. Just curious where this all goes.

Funny thing is, that when you strip it back - people will say FFP is designed to stop clubs overspending and going bump... well, where was it for Bolton or Bury?
Also, even if Mansour himself had rocked up, opened his wallet and said there's £60mil quid... it's his fucking club, his business - how can they say that an owner, investing his own cash to better his club, is wrong?

Hope you're not on our legal team.

Completely disagree – I don't think they will ban us, or if they try an appeal will overturn it... but I don't think the club will just settle for that, I think they will still bring legal action against a few organisations/people, to finish it once and for all.
Agree, they've made it so there is no reason why City shouldn't challenge them now, there is no public image to protect at this point because they have decimated it.

So if City are confident of a win at this point, why would they stop at simply overturning a ban when they know there was a wider motive of damaging the clubs reputation and tarnishing it's achievements, quite strategically so?

The timing of the leaks makes it so obvious that they've basically scored an own goal with them, in extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.