Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are Liverpool fans such bad losers...you think they would be better at it when they have had so much experience losing in crucial moments....whether it be in the league or a final. I guess the word "choker" might also be relevant here.

Haha
The deluded moronic twats on RAWK are saying that CL>PL+FAC+EFLC
That’s right dippers. Winning 8 games and losing 4 is more of an achievement than winning 44 games and losing 4. And they haven’t even had their 8th win yet.

The logic of this is hilarious. Before now, no team had done the English football history domestic treble (in 59 years), whereas 3 English clubs have won the Champions League 4 times between them in 27 years (not counting this season).

7 days and counting.. not a single dipper from SWMBO’s family have congratulated me on the league win... we were walking part of the sandstone trail with them today and despite football coming up, not a single word about the league... they just haven’t got it in them to say “well done”... had the boot been on the other foot I would have done it on the day we lifted the trophy yet they say they are the best fans in the world...

Yes Jim that’s fair enough but you then couldn’t resist putting in your opinion yet again on the hand ball. When you agree to disagree you move on and forget it - read your post back to yourself and you’ll see what I mean. You can’t then blame people for thinking you’re a wum can you?

Mate, I think it's you who needs to read my post again. I said that I didn't want the thread to be derailed by a discussion back and forth about the quarter final. I expressed no opinion on the handball. In response to a City fan bringing up the subject of the quarter final, I merely outlined the handball rule as it currently exists and then said that if the poster to whom I was replying still thought that it was a foul, then we would have to agree to disagree. And that's where I left it.

My suggestion to the Spurs fans on here is to drop the subject of the quarter finals and the controversial decision regarding the hand ball. We’re not really interested in your misguided opinion and you’re probably not in agreement with ours. Let’s put it behind us and all get behind Spurs for the final.

If you are unable to comply I suggest you post elsewhere ie: on a Spurs forum

I've tried to drop the subject of the quarter final on a number of occasions. But you keeping bringing it back up!

I wonder if the bin dippers ever give any thought to why, in the face of an unprecedented PR assault on our club by the media, they are still hated and loathed to the extent that 95% of neutrals wanted us to win the league.

This is the Liverpool thread and I don't want to derail it by discussing the quarter final between us back and forth. So I'll just say that, until next season, handball has to be either deliberate or the arm has to be in an unnatural position such that it could give an advantage. If you think that either of those apply to the ball brushing Llorente's arm prior to going in off his thigh, then we shall have to agree to disagree.

So..........Liverpool fans........endearingly cheeky rascals. Right? ;-)

You're flat out wrong. UEFA's official instructions to Refs were that a handball goal is to be disallowed whether deliberate or not. The ref didn't allow it because he thought it was accidental. He simply wasn't shown the correct footage.

Jim , thank you for being reasonable ( unlike Karen7) , I was there for the semi final and the league game
I’ve only seen the angle the ref saw for the Semi , and it certainly wasn’t deliberate .
I hate it when people think Llorentes was Deliberate , but don’t think Walkers was in the league game , or Kompany yesterday , they can’t have it both ways . The walker one could have been a pen , cause he redirected it out ( thankfully it wasn’t cause the Dippers would have won the league ) but Kompany yesterday wasn’t it hit his upper arm , it wasn’t in a weird position nor preventing an obvious goal scoring attempt

Clutching at straws. Bringing up Walker's supposed handball but nicely glossing over the stonewall pen on Bernando that was denied? And no commentator not even the biased BBC thought Kompany's was anywhere close to a penalty. Have some balls and admit you got lucky in the quarter. It's ok - it happens.

You're flat out wrong. UEFA's official instructions to Refs were that a handball goal is to be disallowed whether deliberate or not. The ref didn't allow it because he thought it was accidental. He simply wasn't shown the correct footage.

UEFA cannot unilaterally decide what is or isn't handball. That is a matter for the FIFA rules committee alone. Until next season, handball has to be deliberate or the arm has to be in an unnatural position for it to be a foul.

I'm happy to discuss this further with you but maybe in the appropriate thread or by PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.